Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Re: Springtime is here - NOT
Reply #15 - 03/04/05 at 20:48:29

Rub it in, P-Man.

You're a cold-soul cowboy, you know that?

Grin

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #16 - 03/04/05 at 23:31:18

Not a cowboy.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

Contrawise, every silver lining has a cloud.

Los Angeles has great biking weather.  Yahoo lists my average monthly highs between 65 and 77.   Other places have four seasons, we have two.  We are presently at the end of slide season and will soon be entering fire season.  Average rainfall for the seven months of fire season is under two inches.

The population of the Greater Los Angeles area is over 15 million -- over 3 million more than the whole state of Ohio.   Ask Sluggo why he has 60 acres in lieu of a $350,000 2 bedroom 860 square foot house on a 50' x 100' lot.

WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #17 - 03/05/05 at 18:56:00

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Not a cowboy.

The population of the Greater Los Angeles area is over 15 million -- over 3 million more than the whole state of Ohio.   Ask Sluggo why he has 60 acres in lieu of a $350,000 2 bedroom 860 square foot house on a 50' x 100' lot.

i moved to l.a. in 87 to make my fame and forturne. i stayed in the same 500 dollar a month apartment till i moved back to washinton in 98. do to hard work and that ungodly money hollwood pays i now own a 900 sq foot house on the 60 acres. free and clear. i lease the land to a young farmer. i also own the home my mother inlaw lives in.  total value of both $375,000.  

yet i still miss all the action in l.a.   when i first got here i got caught when they rolled up the sidewalks. it took me all nite to wiggle out, nobody would help, it was ugly.

to answere the question. yes i did get famous as "sluggo" but fame is fleeting.  i went into a pizza hut a while back. the manager was from l.a and recoginized me, he was so excited tried to get the employees all worked up, wtih no luck. so that fame and 15 dollars got me my pizza.   Sad

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #18 - 03/05/05 at 21:25:12

For what is it worth, my wife remembers you.  That and $4 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.  I have about 4 years more before I can bail out of LA.

WWW   IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #19 - 03/06/05 at 10:33:26

sluggo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
i moved to l.a. in 87 to make my fame and forturne. i stayed in the same 500 dollar a month apartment till i moved back to washinton in 98. do to hard work and that ungodly money hollwood pays i now own a 900 sq foot house on the 60 acres. free and clear. i lease the land to a young farmer. i also own the home my mother inlaw lives in.  total value of both $375,000.  

yet i still miss all the action in l.a.   when i first got here i got caught when they rolled up the sidewalks. it took me all nite to wiggle out, nobody would help, it was ugly.

to answere the question. yes i did get famous as "sluggo" but fame is fleeting.  i went into a pizza hut a while back. the manager was from l.a and recoginized me, he was so excited tried to get the employees all worked up, wtih no luck. so that fame and 15 dollars got me my pizza.   Sad

ARE YOU THE SLUGGO THAT WAS IN THE NANCY COMIC STRIP?

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #20 - 03/06/05 at 16:07:00

Gitarzan wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Rub it in, P-Man.

You're a cold-soul cowboy, you know that?

Grin

As requested, Rubbing It In.

I am known for giving people what they ask for rather than what they want.

WWW   IP Logged
Red_Wine

Chain-drive, 400cc
Black Savage in
Chile

Santiago, Chile
Reply #21 - 03/07/05 at 19:41:34

Gitarzan wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Actually Spanish is pretty common in many parts of the USA. Most places around here post important signage bilingually.

This hispanic population is by far the fastest growing segment of Americans.

ˇViva everyone!

So, who's coming? fall is just arriving,and very sson it'll be September, SPRING TIME again!!!
Hurry, you fools....

IP Logged
Chench53
2004 No Login

"Special
Ed" rocks!

Suffolk VA, formerly NYC NY
Reply #22 - 03/12/05 at 07:15:48

NOT is still right in the northeast! Sad Here in NYC we had snow overnight, about 1.5 inches. The wet snow which sticks to the bare trees and makes it all look like a winter wonderland. Tongue

UGH.... Spring, please come soon!

Gerry

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #23 - 03/12/05 at 10:28:41

8)Hi Gerry! How've ya been? Since the demise of BeginnerBikes.com, I haven't kept up as much on the 2 new websites as much ... yeah, I'm surprised that Sping hasn't sprung in NYC yet ... usually by now you guys are startin' to see some relief from Winter ... hang tough Gerry, Spring is likely just around the corner!
Though we haven't had a bad Winter (by Nfld. standards anyhow), it seems that no matter, the weather likely won't warm up enough for Biking 'til the end of April ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Chench53
2004 No Login

"Special
Ed" rocks!

Suffolk VA, formerly NYC NY
Reply #24 - 03/12/05 at 12:09:27

Hey Perry, how are you. Cheesy Yes, now I visit four websites, it's hard keeping up with everyone, isn't it? I visit several forums now, and I feel I'm cheating all of them. Oh well...

And spring might be coming soon, but one thing is certain: the weather is psychotic here. I was out for an hour, the sun came out, melted all the snow except for some on the grass. The streets and trees are now all dry and clear, and it's about 42 degrees right now.

I just parked the car and two kids (maybe 17 or 18 or 19) were trying to push start a 1972 Kawasaki KE125. It had a flat rear and knobby tires, so they couldn't pushi it very fast and it never started. But they kept trying, rolling it up the hill and then pushing it back down. And again. And again. LOL, it made me want spring all the more!

I hope your weather warms up soon and you're on the road as planned in April.

Be well,

Gerry

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 04:52:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Springtime is here - NOT

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.