Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Cool Cafe (Read 17 times)
bassman29
Ex Member

Re: Cool Cafe
Reply #15 - 01/07/05 at 19:54:19

Speaking of Honda GB500s - how'd you like a brand new one?  Check out this one at Baxter Cycle!  Scroll down about 1/3 of the page.

I have a confession:  when I decided to buy a motorcycle, the Savage was NOT my first choice.  I really wanted a caffeinated early 80's BMW R65.  I ended up with a Savage because there was one for sale near me that was reasonably priced and I had read all the info on the internet about what a great first bike they are.  And it is, and I'm fairly happy with it.  Looking at all of those retro bikes has rekindled my desire for something similar.  I would sure like to talk to the person who did that Savage cafe mod!

BTW, I found another view of it:

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #16 - 01/08/05 at 07:53:31

OMG! Man ... if I had $10,000Cdn to piss away right now, I'd have to have that GB! Imagine a "brand new" 1990 GB500! Some lucky schmo will buy that one for sure!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #17 - 01/08/05 at 19:14:29

Way back when, tere used to bea company in the SE part of the USA who took Savage engines and put them in British frames ala cafe racers. Web site has been down for years so I guess they are not doing that anymore. They were neat looking and I'm sure very rideable.

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 21:29:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cool Cafe

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.