Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How much is a seat worth? (Read 13 times)
dadorfman
Ex Member

How much is a seat worth?
01/09/05 at 07:24:15

My stepson is shipping his 87 Savage from California to Virginia so his mother and I can ride it.  It has a ripped seat cover.  I have had miserable experience dealing with salvage yards over the web and over the phone.  There is a used seat on e-bay.  I know I can go to an auto seatcover place to have a new seat cover made.  How much should I be willing to bid for an 87 seat on e-bay or from a salvage yard?

David

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Re: How much is a seat worth?
Reply #1 - 01/09/05 at 09:04:35

Suzuki sells them for about $140.  

They go on ebay for $40 - $50 on average. And there is always a couple there at any given time.

I don't know what they'd charge to re-cover one, but unless you wanted something custom (which would be very cool), like white piping or extra padding or special stitching patterns, but I'd bet it would cost a lot more than the price of one on eBay.

I love eBay, and that's where I'd get one from.  A couple squirts of vinyl cleaner and it would look like new.

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: How much is a seat worth?
Reply #2 - 01/09/05 at 11:11:50

You could probably get a Savage seat covered for what you'd pay for a used one on e-bay (or near enough ...) ... what you could do with getting the seat re-covered, is to get a little extra support added ... some extra padding ... my stock seat has only a season-and-a-half butt time and already I can feel the difference ... and the difference isn't all positive!
Well, if I decide to hang onto my LS650, in a few years, I'd like to get the seat, b*itch pad and back rest re-upholstered in a rich-looking brown leather ... now that'd be different!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 17:38:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › How much is a seat worth?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.