Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
S40 question (Read 10 times)
dutton
Ex Member

S40 question
11/01/04 at 12:52:38

My wife and I need a windshield for our S40.  Since it is new, there aren't many applications listed.  Anyone have any ideas?  We need to put a pipe on there too.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: S40 question
Reply #1 - 11/01/04 at 13:17:19

We discuss these same things all the time and the subjects tend to scroll off the main page.

I think that if you go to page 2 and/or read any of the other "back" pages, that you will find more than enough info on these subjects....really, it is all archived already and you won't have to wait for answers that way.

Hope that helps.

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #2 - 11/01/04 at 13:26:49

The Savage/S40 has not changed too much over the years so any windshield that will fit a Savage will also fit an S40.  Same is true for pipes.  Greg is right -- there are lots of previous topics covering both.  Just go through the pages and you should find lots of info.  Let us know if you still have questions after reading through the old topics.  Happy Reading!

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
dutton
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/01/04 at 13:50:00

Thanks, thats all I needed to hear.  It seems a lot of manufacturers want to say there stuff will not work on the S40, and since it is plain to see not much has changed, I guess they are taking the easy way out.  I will keep everyone posted as to what we come up with.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #4 - 11/02/04 at 05:22:49

dutton wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
Thanks, thats all I needed to hear.  It seems a lot of manufacturers want to say there stuff will not work on the S40, and since it is plain to see not much has changed, I guess they are taking the easy way out.  I will keep everyone posted as to what we come up with.

The "Savage40" is a unique bike.  It has many great attributes and is fun to ride.  What is sometimes dissappointing is that most of the the motorcycling community is stuck in a "bigger is better" frame of mind.  And therefore it is commonly just looked upon as a beginner bike without being given any serious consideration with regard to customizing or performance.

That was very much the case when we bought ours 4 years ago, however I have seen a change in the last few years with various manufacturers that are now beginning to add "Savage items" to their product lines.  Quite often these items were actually designed for other Suzuki models, but because of common parts between different models (Intruder, for example) they also fit the Savage...it's just that no one thought about it, or thought there was a market (K&N is a prime example), or the part numbers just weren't in the catalog.

Anyway, this whole situation has caused the "Savage40" enthusiast to become more resourceful.  On many larger bikes for the average rider, it is a "no brainer" (and no challenge).  They go to the dealer, point at a part and they install it.  They then ride away, feeling so proud of themselves.  But for the Savage rider it sometimes takes thought and ingenuity, and therein lies some real Savage pride.

You can customize a Savage (just ask Max about his "Bagger"), but you sometimes have to work for it.  Many people in this group (and others) have a wealth of information on customizing tips and tricks that even the dealers don't know.

So, now you have the bike.  Now the adventure begins.  Just read on  8)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 01:18:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › S40 question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.