Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Carburetor Specifications (Read 4599 times)
buster6315

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Carburetor Specifications
Reply #30 - 09/13/21 at 18:57:42

verslagen1 wrote on 09/13/21 at 17:40:46:
buster6315 wrote on 09/13/21 at 16:27:48:
I've got some #4 washers.  Now I have to remove the gas tank:  I've disconnected the fuel line and the vacuum line, and the speedometer cable.  I can pull it towards the rear, but not enough.  Any suggestions?  Thank you! Sad

If you have access to the top of the carb and you only want to change the white spacer, you don't need to remove the carb.  Just take the top off.

But, to answer your question... the bowl is hitting the bat box?  The bat box can be pulled back a little and that may be enough.

Take a ratchet strap and hook one on the upper shock stud around the bat box and to the axle, or some other place convenient.  Tighten it up a little till you got room for the carb to come back a little.  Of course I'm assuming you've removed the rubber duckie.
 I am not trying to remove the carb; the gas tank is the problem.  I wiggled it enough to remove it.  I pulled the top off the carb and replaced the stock white washer with a single plastic washer.  The #4 metal washers were too large.  I cut down the plastic one to make it fit.  I went from ~3.5/32" to 1.5/32" thick.  Hopefully that will cure the surging issue.  Thank you.

IP Logged
wiguzziman

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 09/14/21 at 12:33:36

I had the same issue the first time I removed my gas tank.  It would slide to the rear about 1" and then acted like it was hitting something.  I found that if you hold pressure on the rear of the tank pushing to the left it will clear whatever it bumps into.  Then it's just a matter of lifting the tank off rear first.  wiguzziman

IP Logged
buster6315

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 09/14/21 at 19:51:23

Yes, that is how I was able to remove my gas tank also.  Installing it was a hassle because I did not make note of the speedometer cable routing:  Ended being too short the first time, so, off came the tank again!  Got the speedometer cable routed properly (second attempt) so it was long enough to be threaded onto the tranny connector.  Of course the rubber gasket fell down near the starter, so that had to be fished out.  Bottom line, the carb mod cured the surging issue.  Me happy now!  I may check the mpg some time.  Next project is to install longer handlebars.

IP Logged
Suzuki86prince
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 10/26/22 at 12:38:58

Hi, I have a quick question for the first post. The carb spec chart. I have a 86 in Canada. Is there a different carb spec list for a Canadian 86 or would they be the same at the time (1986)

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #34 - 10/26/22 at 14:20:59

Suzuki86prince wrote on 10/26/22 at 12:38:58:
Hi, I have a quick question for the first post. The carb spec chart. I have a 86 in Canada. Is there a different carb spec list for a Canadian 86 or would they be the same at the time (1986)

The copy of the FSM is in english and does not explain the areas/countries that the data pertains to.
The abbreviation for california is CA and that happens to coincide with the abbreviation for canada.
However, calif. has always had its own EPA requirements so I think that the specs listed in the FSM are mainly for the USA.
It should also be  noted that units of measure in the USA are inch/lb/sec
Whereas the rest of the world uses metric units, m/gram/sec
This may seem meaningless trivia but for the jets as they are numbered differently.
And heaven help you if you find Dynajet jets in there as their numbers are different from everyone.

So if you see the devil walk by with a handbag, you might ask if he's got the manual for canada.

WWW   IP Logged
Suzuki86prince
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 10/26/22 at 18:18:09

Ok, we’ll thanks for clearing that up for me anyways.

IP Logged
Ramxes
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Los Angeles
Reply #36 - 04/21/23 at 15:07:20

I'm back to riding my LS650 after 10 years,
My vehicle's engine gave up on me ...

This is so helpful, I was working on cleaning up my carb, some of the screws slipped so now I'm into getting the right screws.

I also found at Home Depot Hillman's stainless steel

Top Cover
M5-0.80 x 16

Float Cover (Bottom)
M5-0.80 x 12

Side Cover 3 Screws (TEV Cover)
M4-.70 x 10

verslagen1 wrote on 07/19/14 at 22:16:40:
Todd James wrote on 07/19/14 at 22:08:55:
I replaced all of the external screws on my carburetor
with Allen head screws.
Here's a picture that shows the location, sizes, and