Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My latest project bike... (Read 8 times)
cphilip
Ex Member

My latest project bike...
10/26/04 at 09:25:48

This is the T5 (Vespa PX125 T5 Pole Position is its full name). Its about to be torn apart for painting. If you look close at the horncover (nose peice) you will see the Silver color its about to become.

This particular model was never imported to the US. It was specificaly developed for the european market becuase there was a need for a speedy scooter that had no more than 125cc's. So what Piaggio did was, in essence, make a sports bike motor and put in it. Nickisil lined barrel and high compression. It is a very short stroke high reving beefed up and geared up engine/drivetrain. It will do 68 mph. And I can attest to that as I have personaly hit that on this thing. It flat out screams. Has no bottom end at all. You have to ride it aggressively and hard. It has no upper rev limit. It will just scream. But never over rev. You can't over rev the thing.

But anyway these are the before pictures. I will be starting to break it down now and do the work and then rebuild it. Cosmetics only as the engine drive train and all electrics are perfect.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: My latest project bike...
Reply #1 - 10/26/04 at 11:08:29

68 on something that must weigh only 200 lbs.  Whew  Grin

I see a tag on there, so this isn't your average DUImobile either.

IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/26/04 at 12:02:16

Yea and on 10 inch tires too..... rather scary!  And its about 250 pounds to be exact.

Yep. full blown motorcycle class scooters according to DMV...although running around town here on them still gets the tounges a waggin by the ignorant. Several people that have seen me zipping around town on my scooters have asked friends of mine when it was I got my DUI  ???  Grin

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #3 - 10/26/04 at 14:38:23

In '67 I bought a Yamaha Twinjet -- 100cc, two cylinders, two stroke.  Peak torque was at 9500 rpm -- totally gutless under 5000 rpm.  Had it over 65mph once.  I know what you mean about screaming.   Looks like a very fun town bike.

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #4 - 10/27/04 at 04:37:15

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
In '67 I bought a Yamaha Twinjet -- 100cc, two cylinders, two stroke.  Peak torque was at 9500 rpm -- totally gutless under 5000 rpm.  Had it over 65mph once.  I know what you mean about screaming.   Looks like a very fun town bike.

So you had one of these?  Cool.

In '67 I had one of these....boy, how things have changed.  Now newbies start with 650s.

Notice how both bikes have front mudflaps?  So does my Savage  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #5 - 10/27/04 at 06:34:40

Quote:
Notice how both bikes have front mudflaps?  So does my Savage

Interesting, Greg.  Did you make the mudflap or is there one that actually already fits the Savage.  I think I might want to consider that... especially after riding through a spot where some f**ktard spilled wet cement and instead of cleaning it up,  just spread it out to about a half-inch thich all the way across the road.  Until I was in it it just looked like a wet spot on the street.  Anyway, I think it may be a good idea and if you know of one that closely fits, I'd love to hear about it.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #6 - 10/27/04 at 09:05:40

Twinjet,predcessor to the 350 LC.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 10/27/04 at 11:38:41

This one certainly interests me if it was not all the way out on the left coast...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6719&item=2...

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #8 - 10/27/04 at 11:45:07

That looks fun indeed.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #9 - 10/27/04 at 11:57:11

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Interesting, Greg.  Did you make the mudflap or is there one that actually already fits the Savage.  I think I might want to consider that... especially after riding through a spot where some f**ktard spilled wet cement and instead of cleaning it up,  just spread it out to about a half-inch thich all the way across the road.  Until I was in it it just looked like a wet spot on the street.  Anyway, I think it may be a good idea and if you know of one that closely fits, I'd love to hear about it.

Hard to keep track of topics, but it's fun anyway.  I just put mudflaps in the "areodynamic front fender" topic...even though mudflaps might create excessive drag  Tongue

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #10 - 10/27/04 at 12:00:37

cphilip wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
This one certainly interests me if it was not all the way out on the left coast...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6719&item=2...

Wow.  Step back in time.  That is cool.  Frame, engine, wheels....

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 02:32:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › My latest project bike...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.