Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone know this bike? (Read 16 times)
cphilip
Ex Member

Anyone know this bike?
10/15/04 at 19:56:38

Interested in the seat and if and how he seems to have gotten it to fit. Seegar one...

http://thehoghunter.tripod.com/ls650.htm

I seen a guy on one of the forums somewhere goes with a similar name...

IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Re: Anyone know this bike?
Reply #1 - 10/15/04 at 20:34:07

Never mind. I found him. Tom Hunter over at Heise's site. theHogHunter over there....

IP Logged
thehoghunter
2004 No Login

Chop Suey

Tampa
Reply #2 - 10/15/04 at 20:43:19

That's my Savage.  And I'm the same hoghunter!

SeegerCycle doesn't sell the seat anymore - due to the problems with the fit.  It's the GTS Toba seat - I know that others (on Bert's ls650 site) have the GTS Cobra seat and I've never seen anything from them about it not fitting or problems with the design.

I did get it to fit but still have work to do on it as the glue I used didn't stay in the Florida heat.  It's been an headache from the start.  I ended up taking the seat completely apart and putting it back together.  Added mounts so it doesn't use the designed front mount (using the same bolts that hold down the gas tank - this is where the flaw in the design is - the plate that is suppose to hold the seat down on the front scraps the heck out of the gas tank) but mounts to the side like the stock seat.  I can't see any way to put side mounts on it without taking the seat apart.  I had tried cutting down the rear mount (just a piece of thick hard plastic that slides into the rear mount like the stock passenger seat).  Unfortunately, that still didn't work.
So, I got pissed, took the leather off, ripped the foam off, got down to the seat pan to figure it out.  The seat pan is perfect if you don't have the plate on the front to mount to the gas tank.  And the seat is fantastic - no soreness, doesn't make you slide forward.  If they had just put on side mounts instead of the front, they would have a winner.

WWW   IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/15/04 at 20:49:06

Now let me get this straight... the one you show on several pictures is the seeger? Not that it matters now since you say they don't make it...

And what does this other seat look like Tom? And how do they like that one?

IP Logged
thehoghunter
2004 No Login

Chop Suey

Tampa
Reply #4 - 10/16/04 at 01:21:05

The one in my pictures I got from Seeger - but they don't make it.  It's a company out of Germany (just like the bolt-on chopper kit is made in Germany).  GTS is the company that makes the seats.  This one might be a Cobra on a Savage.
http://www.heise-workstations.de/ls650/Besitzer/ALang-e.html
And this one...
http://www.heise-workstations.de/ls650/Besitzer/JFriedhoff-e.html

I have never heard of anyone complain about the Cobra OR heard anyone talk about it on a Savage at all for that matter.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 05:11:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Anyone know this bike?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.