Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Savage Sounds like (Read 27 times)
wspllrll
Ex Member

Savage Sounds like
10/07/04 at 19:33:53

Here is a noob question.

How does the Savage sound "out of the box"?

???

IP Logged
Ram
Ex Member

Re: Savage Sounds like
Reply #1 - 10/07/04 at 21:15:09

Thump  GrinThump Grin Thump GrinThump...

No seriously, it sounds quite! Smiley

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #2 - 10/08/04 at 02:47:08

Ram wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Thump  GrinThump Grin Thump GrinThump...

No seriously, it sounds quite! Smiley

You mean that it sounds "quite quiet"?

I think that a lawn mower is louder, until you turn it off  Grin

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #3 - 10/08/04 at 04:51:55

I have a semi-attached garage (share a wall, no door.)  Fired up the Savage in the garage and the wife did not hear it in the house.

WWW   IP Logged
Ram
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/08/04 at 08:07:15

All said!  If you unleash the beast (by slipping in a Jardine or a sTrap or Raask) it will wake up the dead.

On my frist ride, after putting in Jardine I felt like the King  8) of the road.  We went mt. Baker and on the one lane highway cars and trucks in front of us pulled over to let us go.  Before the Jardine though no one gave a crap!

[glow=red,2,300]May be they were letting us go in front of them, so they can run me over and stop the crazy sound.  But, Jardine added some HPs too and they were never able to catch up with us!! Cheesy [/glow]

IP Logged
rkutzner
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10/28/04 at 17:41:28

A friend told me it sounded like a golf cart.  Gas, of course!  Supertrapp soon..........

IP Logged
AL_DOWN_UNDER
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 10/29/04 at 00:48:09

CUSTOM MADE MUFFLER NO BAFFLE THE ONLY WAY TO GO Wink

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #7 - 10/29/04 at 02:36:21

I have a stock Savage sound clip, but I figured everyone knows how it sounds  Tongue

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #8 - 10/29/04 at 05:32:05

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
I have a stock Savage sound clip, but I figured everyone knows how it sounds  Tongue

Not sure how sound clips work...is it possible to post them as a topic in the technical corner?

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #9 - 10/29/04 at 05:39:40

Susan wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Not sure how sound clips work...is it possible to post them as a topic in the technical corner?

Good to see that you are at work on time this morning  Roll Eyes

Sound clips are just ".wav" files.

Is there a way to archive sound and photo files, either ".jpg" or ".wav" on this site?  I know that John has a gallery...is there a way that you can use that space?

At the moment, I'm posting all my stuff on my site and putting the links here.  Unfortunately, I only have 10 MB of storage space and after time I have to delete some...which makes the links dead.

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #10 - 10/29/04 at 07:21:17

Good to see that you are at work on time this morning  Roll Eyes

You're a funny man.  Actually I'm always at work on time, since I mostly work out of my home. Sometimes I work at a client site, depending on the project but usually I work at home.  P.S. I know you meant forum "work"... Cheesy

Sound clips are just ".wav" files.

Is there a way to archive sound and photo files, either ".jpg" or ".wav" on this site?  I know that John has a gallery...is there a way that you can use that space?

At the moment, I'm posting all my stuff on my site and putting the links here.  Unfortunately, I only have 10 MB of storage space and after time I have to delete some...which makes the links dead.

I'd been holding off contacting John to see if we have any other needs and this sounds like one.  I bet he hasn't created access to post pics for the same reason or a cost reason, but maybe he could give us limited access.  Doesn't hurt to ask.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #11 - 10/29/04 at 09:23:52

Susan wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
You're a funny man.  Actually I'm always at work on time, since I mostly work out of my home. Sometimes I work at a client site, depending on the project but usually I work at home.  P.S. I know you meant forum "work"... Cheesy

I'd been holding off contacting John to see if we have any other needs and this sounds like one.  I bet he hasn't created access to post pics for the same reason or a cost reason, but maybe he could give us limited access.  Doesn't hurt to ask.

By the way, I know that "forum work" can sometimes be just as hard...

As for space, I know that a Yahoo group gives you so much space for photos and files, and along with those you can also set permissions.  This could be a case where just YOU archive pertinent items in that space.  I do know that with "public" access to Yahoo space it can quickly get filled with duplicates because everyone thinks that his/hers is the latest and greatest file.  

I don't know the time I spent cleaning out stuff that was useles and outdated...even stuff left by people that never came back.  And every now and then I'd hurt someone's feelings too, but it had to be done.  With public access, the space got filled with people's pictures of their dog, car, body piercings, tattoos...all kinds of stuff that really wasn't about bikes.

If space is limited, then you as moderator could make the decisions....add, delete, update as you see fit.  Just as long as it was useful reference material about the "Savage40".  It has to be setup that way from the beginning too, or it will get out of control.

Good Luck.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 01:13:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savage Sounds like

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.