Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fuel Stabilizer (Read 6 times)
Michael

Fuel Stabilizer
10/25/04 at 22:12:20

Hi there

I purchased a bottle of S T P fuel Stabilizer for winter storage of my Savage. This may seem like a dumb question, but the bottle doesn't give any hints on the amount to use per gallon. It is a 250ml bottle , the same as "Stabil"........so how much should I use per gallon of gas?......All it says on the bottle is 250ml treats [glow=red,2,300]UP TO [/glow] 80 gallons..Does this mean I use 3.1 ml per gallon of gas?.........any help would be appreciated..........thanks..............

cheers

Michael

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: Fuel Stabilizer
Reply #1 - 10/26/04 at 13:52:36

This will be the same stuff I put into my backup generator's fuel.  I will get back to you later tonight, if no one else beats me to it.

WWW   IP Logged
rkutzner
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/28/04 at 17:28:31

If that is the math then it is right.  I usually use extra, don't think it is that critical.  Then make sure you run it through the carb before turning it off.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #3 - 10/29/04 at 04:12:08

Does anyone have a bottle of "Stabil"?

Treats "up to 80 gallons" does sound a bit much for 2 1/2 gallons of gas, but got to remember that it says something similar on a bottle of fuel injector cleaner, too, and you still use the whole bottle with less fuel in your car.

I wouldn't use the whole bottle either, but maybe you can use some in your lawn mower, weedeater, leafblower, wood chipper, log splitter, portable generator, and go cart, too  8)

IP Logged
Daemon
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/29/04 at 05:55:39

I use "stabil" and the ratio is 1 ounce for every 2 or 2.5 gals... I'll have to check but basically 1.5 ounces will do your full tank.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 05:03:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Fuel Stabilizer

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.