Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rear Brake Pedal (Read 16 times)
dfortner
Ex Member

Rear Brake Pedal
09/26/04 at 15:15:16

My wife recently bought a '96 Suzuki Savage and is having a little problem with the rear brake pedal. It's a bit to high and she's having trouble reaching it when her foot is on the peg. Her question is, is the height of the pedal adjustable?

IP Logged
Michael

Re: Rear Brake Pedal
Reply #1 - 09/26/04 at 15:46:19

I believe it is adjustable. I will look it up in my clymer or owners manual when i get home, if someone doesn't provide the information you need, before then.....cheers

Michael Roll Eyes

IP Logged
mownor
YaBB Newbies
2004 No Login

Look cool!  You
know who you are.

Reply #2 - 09/26/04 at 18:16:54

Yes, you can adjust the brake pedal for height.  There is a small threaded rod with a locknut located below and behind the right footpeg.  Loosen the nut and rotate the rod for best height.  The Suzi manual says that the top of the brake pedal should be 2.4 in above the top of the footrest.  Yeah, yeah.  Set it for whatever makes your lady happy as long as she can get full application without excessive ankle rotation.  If you have already set the gearshift lever height - it's the same thing.  I would send you a scan of the page in my manual but the only readable copy I get is 21MB.  But it's nice and clear, oh well.  Hang in there and let us know if you need more info.  M.

Life is a journey - don't wait for the stops; enjoy the travelling.
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #3 - 09/27/04 at 03:04:54

Yes, there is a height adjustment bolt with lock nut under the pedal (10MM wrench, I think).  This sets the height.  Then the nut on the rear cable end adjusts the travel.

Just make sure not to tighten it too much on the cable end.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 11:56:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rear Brake Pedal

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.