Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
!!@@**&& (Read 23 times)
russ_g
Ex Member

!!@@**&&
09/22/04 at 13:00:26

There's not many riding days left here in Western Canada - so imagine my delight when I awoke this morning to 14 degrees C.  I quickly got myself ready as I was a little late.  Let my bike warm up for a couple minutes.  Pushed it out the garage and turned around to key in the code to close the door..................THUMP!  WTF was that.  I turn around to see my baby lieing on it's side.  AH CRAP.  Pick it back up and assess the damage.  Windshield is shot - no big deal as it had a large crack in it when i bought the bike used.  In fact great - now the wife can't hassle be for buying another.  Ah but then I see the rear turn signal is smashed!  My only other concern was some gas came out from ?? somewhere.  Hopefully that's just cause it was on it's side.  I rode it to work anyway and everything seems ok.  Hopefully there's no gas puddle under it when I go to leave tonight.  I called about  a replacement signal......80$.  boy do they ever stick it to us Canadians.  But if that's the only damage I'll consider myself luck and call it a lesson learned.  I should have taken that extra .003 of a seconds to make sure the kick stand was locked fully forward.

l8r

IP Logged
Jon
Ex Member

Re: !!@@**&&
Reply #1 - 09/22/04 at 13:16:42

>  I should have taken that extra .003 of a seconds
> to make sure the kick stand was locked fully forward.

... and never point the bike downhill on the sidestand unless it's in gear with the engine off.

Call around to some of the US salvage yards for the signal.  Maybe Fremont Cycle in California has one for less than $80 Canadian.

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #2 - 09/22/04 at 14:08:02

russ_g wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Ah but then I see the rear turn signal is smashed!  My only other concern was some gas came out from ?? somewhere.  Hopefully that's just cause it was on it's side.  I rode it to work anyway and everything seems ok.  Hopefully there's no gas puddle under it when I go to leave tonight.  I called about  a replacement signal......80$...

When I dropped my bike I had gas come out of the tank before I picked it up but then nothing later.  Likely it was just leaking because it was on its side.  

Regarding the turn signal, I know some people have installed less expensive signals.  Greg did I think...  Could be an option if you don't want to dish out the big bucks.  

Sorry to hear of your incident.  Personally I think the kickstand on the Savage is not the most stable compared to other bikes I've been around.  I am always paranoid about it.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #3 - 09/23/04 at 03:04:11

I'd be lying if I said that never happened to me.  It has.

Not only the gas cap vent, but sometimes when you drop the bike, gas will also come out of the carb bowl vent lines.  Not a big deal as it's only a 1/4 cup of gas anyway.  Once upright the leak will stop.

IP Logged
Gargoyle
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/23/04 at 12:08:12

Gas will leak from the gas cap. It is normal.

IP Logged
AL_DOWN_UNDER
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/24/04 at 14:12:24

I WAS TOLD BY A SUZUKI DEALER ANYTHING ON THE FRONT OF THE BIKE OR ANYTHING WHICH IS USALLY BROKEN WILL COST THE MOST . TRY  SUZUKI FLAT HANDLE BARS $ 130 AUS . I ONLY PAID $ 120 FOR THE SISSY BAR  Angry

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #6 - 09/24/04 at 15:45:55

Don't feel bad.  

About a month ago I was on a Poker run for the MDA.  Some guy on a new V-Rod was sitting on it talking, then decided to get off of it.   He forgot to set the kickstand.  

I got to see a very expensive motorcycle slam into the ground.  Ouch.

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #7 - 09/25/04 at 02:31:52

Gitarzan wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Don't feel bad.  

About a month ago I was on a Poker run for the MDA.  Some guy on a new V-Rod was sitting on it talking, then decided to get off of it.   He forgot to set the kickstand.  

I got to see a very expensive motorcycle slam into the ground.  Ouch.

That would have been worth a picture  Cheesy

IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #8 - 09/25/04 at 04:33:19

Droped my Katana faceing downhill with kick stand, idiot.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
Daemon
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 09/25/04 at 06:16:21

Hehee. I have Never dro..... Oh wait a minute there was that time I slide my 85 Nighthawk into a cyclone fence at close to 40mph. But I was able to just pick it up and dust it off.

IP Logged
suzyssuzi
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

nanaimo british columbia
Reply #10 - 09/25/04 at 07:43:33

you said you were from western canada, we live on the west coast and have changed the signals on our bike, will sell ours for 20.00 can for the set you pay shipping if your interested let us know. if you change to aftermarket signals make sure the bulb wattage is the same or you will have to wire in resistors. any way we are done with building our bar hopper savage and will get some pics on shortly.

suzyssuzi
peanut peanut   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #11 - 09/25/04 at 09:55:34

klx650sm2002 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Droped my Katana faceing downhill with kick stand, idiot.

Clive W  Cheesy

Maybe we need a topic about the "best" biker bloopers  Roll Eyes

One of my best was getting ready to go for a ride with my spouse...she had a GZ250 at the time, and rather than my bike it was hers that got blooped.

It was pretty simple actually.  You suit up and get all your gear together.  You start the bike and prepare to drive out into the drive.  Everything is ready.  Right?  Sure.

Well, that is until you realize that you just pulled your spouse's bike off the sidestand because you forgot to remove the chain between your back tire and her front tire.

That one cost me a little more than just her broken windshield, as you can imagine  Shocked

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #12 - 09/26/04 at 13:58:31

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
That one cost me a little more than just her broken windshield, as you can imagine  Shocked

I CAN imagine.  Grin  

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #13 - 09/26/04 at 20:16:17

Brand new no more than two days old 1986 Honda Reflex -- a under 200 pound 200 cc street legal trials bike.  To check the air pressure you need to raise the front wheel off the ground.  With the suspension play and ground clearance that meant balancing the skid plate three feet off the ground on a bucket on a box.  My Uncle and I manage it, and then at the exact same time both let go of the bike and turn away.  

Didn't need turn signals no how.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 14:06:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › !!@@**&&

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.