Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Poker Run
09/26/04 at 13:55:41

Just got back from my first poker run.  Over 600 bikes! Had a great time.  Raised money for crime victims.  The ride was 68 miles total, with lots of beautiful scenery, and nice twisties.  Missed one of the turns (I wasn't leading at that point, thank goodness) and ended up riding an extra 15 miles or so, but we didn't care because the scenery was so beautiful.  There was music and a pig roast at the end.  Rode with friends -- 6 bikes -- 2 Viragos, 1 VStar, 1 BMW, 1 Triumph (husband) and 1 Savage (me).

The day started out a little chilly (we left home at 7am) but by noon I was in short sleeves and my mesh jacket.  Had breakfast on the way.  Ended up riding a little over 120 miles.  Stopped at a local dairy for some pumpkin ice cream on the way home.  If you've never tried pumpkin ice cream -- it may sound a little wierd, but it is delicious!

What a great way to spend the day: raise money for a good cause; go on a lovely ride; and, have a delicious meal...I would do another poker run in a heartbeat!  8)  

Saw 2 other Savages -- a 2003 green and one of the bright orange ones -- either a 1997 or a 1998.  Talked to the owner of the 2003.  He has been having trouble (with the bike stalling while he is on the move) so I sent him here for some help.  

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 13:04:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Poker Run

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!