Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach (Read 8 times)
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach
09/13/04 at 15:12:59

Has anyone ever gone to Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach?  I may have an opportunity to go and am curious what it is like.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach
Reply #1 - 09/16/04 at 03:08:11

I could be wrong, but just guessing....isn't it a festival where everyone drinks a lot of bikes?   ???

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #2 - 09/16/04 at 05:18:48

I'm sure there is plenty of that, but as I've looked into it there are lots of other things too:

races
demos
rides
vendor sales
swap meet
technical seminars

As it turns out, I am going to be in Florida that week so I am planning to check it out.  I won't have my bike but I can still go see what it is like.  It is toward the end of October.  I'll share details after I get back.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Steve

Reply #3 - 09/17/04 at 08:58:42

This year will be my 4th or 5th year attending Biketoberfest.  There are demo rides and races at the speedway, vendors spread all over, custom bike builders, and a bunch of other sights to behold.  

It is not as crowded as Bike Week in the spring, so it is easier to get around (still not easy in some areas tho).  

My only complaint haqs always been a lack of good roads for rides in the area, but I have some leads this year for a side trip or 2 to fill the time.

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #4 - 09/17/04 at 13:21:46

Steve wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
This year will be my 4th or 5th year attending Biketoberfest.  There are demo rides and races at the speedway, vendors spread all over, custom bike builders, and a bunch of other sights to behold...

Thanks for the note Steve!  Have you ever been to the races?  Do you know what is the best way is to get tickets?

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #5 - 09/19/04 at 03:38:48

Susan wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Thanks for the note Steve!  Have you ever been to the races?  Do you know what is the best way is to get tickets?

Found it...

http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/news/009/812/

IP Logged
dfortner
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/25/04 at 06:27:16

Steve,

The ride down US 1 between Daytona and Titusville is pretty decent. But it's pleasent to ride through the Merritt Island Wildlife preserve (across the Indian River from Titusville).

If your looking for an even longer ride, try going south to Hwy 520 (in Cocoa), take that west to Nova Road (where the boiled peanut vendor is always set up on the roadside). Take NOVA road south to Hwy 192. Then 192 east back to I-95. It's a nice ride through the country.

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #7 - 09/25/04 at 07:44:03

Dfortner, Welcome to the forum!  Are you from Central Florida?  I grew up in DeLand, which is about 20 min inland from Daytona...

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
dfortner
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 09/25/04 at 14:14:49

Yes, we live in Rockledge, about an hours drive south of Daytona.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #9 - 09/26/04 at 03:51:50

And I guess that Daytona is getting slammed by another hurricane today.  Maybe Biketoberfest will get a break.

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #10 - 09/26/04 at 14:07:10

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
And I guess that Daytona is getting slammed by another hurricane today.  Maybe Biketoberfest will get a break.

Yep, 4th hurricane to hit the state this year.  Wham, bam, thank you ma'am.  Only two really affected Daytona -- Frances and Jeanne.  I have friends and family there and they just got wind and rain from Charley and Ivan.  Fortunately it appears that Jeanne was a little kinder than Frances.  Less damage, fewer people without power.

Let's all keep our fingers and toes crossed for no more hurricanes this year!

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #11 - 10/26/04 at 11:29:37

Just got back from Biketoberfest last night.  Thought I would share a brief report.  It was fun to see all the bikes.  There were LOTS of Harleys and custom choppers(probably 80% of all bikes were Harleys and 10% were customs).  Got a couple of good pics.  We went during the day so we didn't see all the nighttime craziness but we saw some interesting sights during the day anyway.  My hubby took a few pics of scantily attired Harley women you boys would like to see, I'm sure.   Grin

Very few people were wearing gear in town but if you got on the highway more of the bikers were wearing gear there.  There were some vendors it was good to see (Kuryakyn, Memphis Shades, Corbin, JP Cycles and a few others) but the rest were VERY Harley focused.  Got some custom ear plugs made.  They are supposed to be super comfortable for riding.  I haven't been able to try them on the bike yet but they are comfortable in general.

Enjoyed the event but was glad it wasn't my only reason for going to Florida (visited family too). I'll post a few pics in a day or two.  Don't have them downloaded yet.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Ed L.

Reply #12 - 10/26/04 at 18:14:20

How did you like it down there in Florida, I'm planning to move down there come spring. Looking for something in New Syrma Beach area just south of Datona. Getting tired of being cold in the winter. Plan to get a lot more riding in all year round Grin

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #13 - 10/26/04 at 19:18:24

Ed L. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
How did you like it down there in Florida, I'm planning to move down there come spring. Looking for something in New Syrma Beach area just south of Datona. Getting tired of being cold in the winter. Plan to get a lot more riding in all year round Grin

I grew up in Florida.  For me, the summers are too hot, the roads are too straight, and the mountains too few.  Just one girl's opinion.  Grin

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #14 - 10/27/04 at 03:41:41

Susan wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
I grew up in Florida.  For me, the summers are too hot, the roads are too straight, and the mountains too few.  Just one girl's opinion.  Grin

I agree too.  After you've seen the beaches, the oceans, a few theme parks, and the different flora and fauna you begin to wish for mountains and twistie roads.  An interesting place to visit.  A taste of the tropics, but not what I call home.  IMO2.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 04:28:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.