carb vent lines (Read 9 times)
suzyssuzi
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

nanaimo british columbia
carb vent lines
09/05/04 at 07:32:43

thanks for all the help on signals , work great now. but i am in the process of reinstalling the tank and there are 2 lines coming off the side of the carb , one on each side , the manual does not show a clear picture and i can not remeber where they hook up to or are they just tucked up under the tank for venting. please help. bike is almost finished , as soon as tank is on i just have to put in fuel and start her up, will have pics soon. thanks

suzyssuzi
peanut peanut   IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Re: carb vent lines
Reply #1 - 09/05/04 at 10:55:04

Are these the only lines coming off the carb', if so I would guess one is a fuel line and the other might be a vacuum line for a vacuum fuel tap if it has one.
Just a guess as I don't have 'bike specific knowledge.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #2 - 09/05/04 at 11:02:45

suzyssuzi wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
thanks for all the help on signals , work great now. but i am in the process of reinstalling the tank and there are 2 lines coming off the side of the carb , one on each side , the manual does not show a clear picture and i can not remeber where they hook up to or are they just tucked up under the tank for venting. please help. bike is almost finished , as soon as tank is on i just have to put in fuel and start her up, will have pics soon. thanks

There are 4 lines coming off the carb....

The 2 shiny smooth black ones that come from about the same place on each side are the atmospheric vent lines.  They go up on each side of the decompression module (on the rubber mount) and tuck into the frame backbone under the tank.

The other larger one on the left goes to the fuel petc_o_c_c_k and the small one on the right side goes to the vacuum connection on the same "thingy".

IP Logged
suzyssuzi
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

nanaimo british columbia
Reply #3 - 09/05/04 at 16:49:08

thanks for the help greg those are the ones i was looking for. bye for now and thanks again

suzyssuzi
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #4 - 09/06/04 at 04:30:16

So She's started up now Suzyssuzi.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
suzyssuzi
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

nanaimo british columbia
Reply #5 - 09/06/04 at 06:59:19

yup the bike is fired up and runs great, no poping and i have a straight pipe with a very small baffle in, no adjust to carb at all. most of the mods are done for this year so i can ride for now and will do more in winter , will post some pics soon. still looking for some black exhaust tape to wrap around pipe to cover bluing and where the two pipes connect, have seen it in pics but no one can tell me where to get it.

suzyssuzi
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 02:31:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › carb vent lines

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.