Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Saw the bike, now the rider (Read 59 times)
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: Saw the bike, now the rider
Reply #45 - 11/17/04 at 00:19:15

me and thumper at the grand coulee dam.  the picture is pre fender bob.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Diane
2004 No Login

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Houston, TX
Reply #46 - 11/18/04 at 21:43:26

Nice pic Sluggo!  Very hmmmm.. picturesque.  Where is this Coolee Dam?  

B.T.W. ... The mechanic at the dealership that I use for service tells me that I don't own the only Savage in town.  He likes them because they are so easy to work on.  He changed out my bent shift rod while I waited AND they put it down as warranty repair, I didn't even have to ask!!! Although I did have to pester them to order the part.

Gas $3.39 a gallon, map $5.95, getting lost on a scenic country road.......... priceless!
2003 Teal Green Savage
Houston, TX
WWW   IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #47 - 11/18/04 at 22:15:29

sluggo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
me and thumper at the grand coulee dam.  the picture is pre fender bob.

HAA!!! THAT'S NOTHING!!!!  I GOT YOU BEAT BY A MILE!!!

Grin

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #48 - 11/19/04 at 14:00:59

Well I was with Sluggo and took the picture. Grand Coulee Dam is in Eastern WA and holds back the mighty Columbia River at Lake Rooselvelt which generates lots of hydro power and is the start of the Columbia Basin Irrigation Project. the CBIP provides irrigation water for thousands of acres of what used to be dessert in Central Eastern WA. State.  End of answer to question.  Rest of the story! We grow wheat (white and red, winter and summer) alfalfa hay, corn, sugar beets, potatoes, mint, carrots, onions, beans of all kinds, peas, fruit, wine grapes and lots of other crops and raise lots of cattle here. There are also more and more dairies moving over here as the wet West side of the state as it gets more crowded and smell and runoff in the rain becomes more of an issue. When you fly from Seattle to Spokane or from points East on that route most the green circles you see are the central pivot sprinkers that are considered the best way to irrigate now. Most started with rill irrigation, a head ditch and syphon tubes going to the rill or valley between the rows of crops, very labor intensive and good for families with lots of kids usually but not always male.  IMHO a great place to live and retire, but my wifes family farms here so it was easy to move to. Lots of nice days, they claim 300 flying days a year, used to be Larson AFB -now an International Airport with Customs and Immigration Agent, Community College, Job Corps, big data storage in the old SAGE building, and lots of smaller commerical operations. If you see a blue Genie S-60 manlift it was built in an old B-52 Hanger here.  JAL has a pilot training program here and flys 747's here daily. McChord AFB near Tacoma has C-17As in here 1-3 at a time teaching pilots how to fly them, including field lights out practice at night with NVG. Old AFB housing is mostly individually owned with some rentals and county housing.  Good bird hunting and year round fishing in some of the lakes. Sand dunes for summer ATV, cycle, and dunde buggy recreation, a natural ampitheatre on the Columbia river (The Gorge at George), and lots of warm or hot summer recreation on the lakes before and after the dams. I'll bet this is more than you ever wanted to know about Eastern Wa.

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #49 - 11/20/04 at 04:01:37

Nope.  Not too much information for me  Shocked

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #50 - 11/20/04 at 08:00:20

The Pacific NW is heaven as far as I am concerned.

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #51 - 11/29/04 at 04:06:06

And I guess the Columbia River, which flows through Portland and Vancouver is the defining state line for Oregon and Washington.  Big water, eh?  I know which way it flows, but it's hard to get the big picture from a map.  Can't wait.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 13:21:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Saw the bike, now the rider

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.