Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello All... (Read 1 times)
johnnycrash
Ex Member

Hello All...
08/30/04 at 13:05:31

I bought a Savage 650 this summer, and I am enjoying it tremendously.  I am a diehard fan of sportbikes, but this is a nice change (carpal is starting to set in, know what I mean?).  

http://www.rocklandeagles.com/suzuki

The above link is a little work I've done on a project diary regarding this bike (disregard the rest of the links).  This is my first project/resto vehicle, so I've left all my beginner ignorance and mistakes intact, for your amusement.  I'll be posting some recent (shiny) pix of my bike soon.  

I was going to start my own site, then I found this one!  John H., if you're out there, I'll be more than happy to write and code for your site.  

Have fun, and be safe.  

JC
Austin, TX  

IP Logged
jendesigner
2004 No Login

Stop, Drop and Chop

Chicago suburbs
Re: Hello All...
Reply #1 - 08/30/04 at 13:18:22

Hello, Welcome
That was a fun read, keep us up on what your doing.

Jen
  IP Logged
bassman29
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/30/04 at 19:20:34

Hey JC - you're not a drummer are you?  Gitarzan and I are starting an all-Savage virtual web band.  

Good luck with your Savage project, and keep us informed.

IP Logged
johnnycrash
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/31/04 at 00:31:20

I can play whatever I want.  Drums included.  I'm a rock musician and teacher by profession.  I play mostly bass, but I can whack out a pretty mean beat on the skins.  Just the other day I sat down and re-learned the difficult but ultra-dorky shuffle pattern to "Rosanna" (snooooort!).  I guess I'll be doing that about every ten years.   I'm a dork, can't help it.   I'm pretty busy, musically, but tell me about this virtual band idea, it sounds like it just might be fun!

rocklandeagles@yahoo.com
www.rocklandeagles.com

Savage projects I'd like to attempt this year and next: battery relocate and open-element filter install, LED taillight, custom face for speedo, aluminum polishing, and fixing that darn oil leak.  

JC

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #4 - 08/31/04 at 05:47:46

JC, Thanks for sharing your journal.  When you decide to tackle your leak, there are plenty of folks who have been there before so you should get all the help you want (if you want any).  Sounds like you got a great deal on the bike!

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Gargoyle
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/31/04 at 06:42:25

Good luck with restore job. I am making an old school chopper out of my Savage. So if you have any questions I'd be glad to help if I can.

IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #6 - 08/31/04 at 09:10:19

Quote:
I can play whatever I want.  Drums included.

Cool! We gotta band, now we just need to find a place to have the party! Grin

Welcome Crash-ster and good luck w/ the resto.

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/14/24 at 22:43:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hello All...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.