Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Custom Pillion Handle - Gitarzan, Others? (Read 30 times)
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Re: Custom Pillion Handle - Gitarzan, Others?
Reply #30 - 10/29/04 at 05:36:29

Nothing yet.  My local guy fell through and the online machine shop was too hard for me to use given all the angles on the piece and the atttaching posts.  I've postponed any further work on this till I put the bike up for the winter.  So few days left to ride.   Sad  I may end up skipping the whole thing and just getting the S40 fender rails instead.

BTW, where is Gitaran?  Anyone heard from him?  He hasn't posted in a while...

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #31 - 10/29/04 at 05:56:17

Honestly, I'm still wondering why everyone hates the Savage  backrest  ???

In years past, it seemed "the thing" to get a backrest or sissy bar that rivaled a Lazyboy recliner in size, but not anymore...this isn't the first forum that I've heard this either, but I still don't get it.  

What's wrong with it?  It is perfect for strapping things on, and for the occassional passenger it is security for them, too.

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #32 - 10/29/04 at 07:12:00

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Honestly, I'm still wondering why everyone hates the Savage  backrest  ???

In years past, it seemed "the thing" to get a backrest or sissy bar that rivaled a Lazyboy recliner in size, but not anymore...this isn't the first forum that I've heard this either, but I still don't get it.  

What's wrong with it?  It is perfect for strapping things on, and for the occassional passenger it is security for them, too.

Can't speak for everyone else but for me as a rider with only 1800 miles under my belt, I am not planning on carrying passengers in the forseeable future.  I want a more solo look so I'm getting rid of the pillion seat and sissy bar together.  I don't think there's anything wrong with it...in fact I'm keeping it...it just doesn't suit my needs at the moment.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #33 - 10/29/04 at 08:37:07

Susan wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Can't speak for everyone else but for me as a rider with only 1800 miles under my belt, I am not planning on carrying passengers in the forseeable future.  I want a more solo look so I'm getting rid of the pillion seat and sissy bar together.  I don't think there's anything wrong with it...in fact I'm keeping it...it just doesn't suit my needs at the moment.

Not to sound like I am doing a flip-flop, but as you know, I too plan to rip off the rear seat this winter with the same goal of a solo ride....just gotta figure how to redo the rear fender, etc.  Besides, I've already gotten rid of all evidence of passenger pegs anyway.

But for those that keep the rear seat, and the many that take off the fender rails, I don't get it.  It is a functional thing, not really bad looking, and not very tall.  If I didn't have a completely different idea in mind, I'd keep it.

My goal is to do something similar to this rear fender....a small luggage rack on the fender with a solo seat.  But hey, we all got opinions Shocked

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #34 - 10/30/04 at 17:56:19

Susan wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
BTW, where is Gitaran?  Anyone heard from him?  He hasn't posted in a while...

Grin I'm right here, thanks for asking.  My old PC died last weekend.  The motherboard was frying power supplies.  That's not good. It's a shame too, since  I wasn't complaining about it, as it was a 1.6 ghz Intel, with 1 gb mem and 200gb total disk space.  I was plenty content with it.  But when a MB shorts out like that, it's hard to tell what what other components it dragged down with it, like the CPU or the RAM.

So I got a nice new Presario SR1250NX, with a 2.94ghz Intel, 160 gb hdd and 512mb ram.  I popped in my old 160 gb hdd and goodness gracious I was happy all my data, photos, in effect my life for the last 10 years, was still intact.  (320 Gb total in HDD real estate!!! woo hoo!!!)

Anyway, I've spent the last week putzing with it, getting it just right. (Good Gawd that sounds like motorcycle talk!)  And I've also been working like a bear.  I've been popping in and reading at work during lunch the last few weeks but not posting unless I have something to say.  Lips Sealed

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #35 - 10/31/04 at 03:03:40

Gitarzan wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Grin I'm right here, thanks for asking.  My old PC died last weekend.  The motherboard was frying power supplies.  That's not good. It's a shame too, since  I wasn't complaining about it, as it was a 1.6 ghz Intel, with 1 gb mem and 200gb total disk space.  I was plenty content with it.  But when a MB shorts out like that, it's hard to tell what what other components it dragged down with it, like the CPU or the RAM.

So I got a nice new Presario SR1250NX, with a 2.94ghz Intel, 160 gb hdd and 512mb ram.  I popped in my old 160 gb hdd and goodness gracious I was happy all my data, photos, in effect my life for the last 10 years, was still intact.  (320 Gb total in HDD real estate!!! woo hoo!!!)

Anyway, I've spent the last week putzing with it, getting it just right. (Good Gawd that sounds like motorcycle talk!)  And I've also been working like a bear.  I've been popping in and reading at work during lunch the last few weeks but not posting unless I have something to say.  Lips Sealed

320 GB HDD space?  Cool.  That'll keep defrag busy for a while  Cheesy  

My PC is a Sony with an 80 GB HDD that has 2 partitions, plus I have a 40 GB data backup drive (photos).  I also have 1 GB of ram.  I've had this PC for about 1 1/2 years and love it.  The CPU is 2.4 GHz Intel too and it fairly cooks along...the sad part is that I have all this connected to a dialup connection  Undecided

Welcome back, Piston Head.

Hint:  Open your PC every now and then, and vacuum out the dust bunnies (without static discharge too)  That plus putting it into standby or shutting it off when not in use, seems to help with PS longevity.

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #36 - 10/31/04 at 11:39:53

Quote:
the sad part is that I have all this connected to a dialup connection

Cable modem here, with a 2000 kbps downlink!  Grin

I can DL a 5 mb file in 4 seconds,  if the server on the other end is willing to push it out that fast. Shocked

Not that I'm bragging or anything...  8)

There's been times where the side of the case isn't installed for weeks!   I do dust them out anyway, you have to when you've got 2 dogs and 4 cats.

---

It was a nice day outside today.  So I took a ride...  On my riding mower.  Angry

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #37 - 10/31/04 at 12:40:50

Grin I'm right here, thanks for asking...

Glad you're still with us!  Sorry about your computer but it sounds like you ended up ahead of the game.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #38 - 11/01/04 at 04:09:31

Cable modem here, with a 2000 kbps downlink!  Grin

I can DL a 5 mb file in 4 seconds,  if the server on the other end is willing to push it out that fast. Shocked

Not that I'm bragging or anything...  8)

There's been times where the side of the case isn't installed for weeks!   I do dust them out anyway, you have to when you've got 2 dogs and 4 cats.

---

It was a nice day outside today.  So I took a ride...  On my riding mower.  Angry

I spent my afternoon behind a push mower.  Slow like my internet connection  Shocked

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 04:06:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Custom Pillion Handle - Gitarzan, Others?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.