Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Buzzing on the Right (Read 5 times)
wrench

Re: Vibrating on the Right
Reply #15 - 08/16/04 at 09:18:01

> I know there is no spring, but the unit operates as a
> return to allow the peg to move upward.

Compression of the footpeg rubber does that task.

> Filling it with any material could prevent that action.

Pouring lead in the tube will not interfere at all with footpeg folding, or anything else.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #16 - 08/16/04 at 13:24:23

Speculation. However as I've always tried lots of things, many off the wall, maybe melting lead would be a good solution.  I'd like to see a photo when it's done.

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #17 - 08/17/04 at 13:06:03

Thanks to all who have provided suggestions and advice.  I am going to try heavier footpegs to see if that will help.

I am interested in the Highway Hawk comfort pegs but can't seem to find a seller in the U.S.  Bikercom.com has them but I have to pay shipping from Europe.  Anyone know where to get them in the U.S.?

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #18 - 08/17/04 at 14:51:34

If you look in the topic "How long do shocks usually last"...which may be on a tangent...you'll see a picture with my Highway Hawk pegs.

I think that I may have gotten them from Europe though.  At the time I was crazed, had to have them, couldn't live without them, and just plain didn't look at the shipping cost anymore than I had to.  I just wanted them  Shocked

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Re: Buzzing on the Right
Reply #19 - 08/31/04 at 16:06:01

Just wanted to update this topic in case anyone else with the same problem is out there.  I did purchase the Highway Hawks from a company out of Europe.  They definitely helped dampen the right side vibration.  I can still feel it but it is much better.  

For additional details see the topic Footpeg Options.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
guitar52
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 06/14/06 at 05:45:09

Hey susan, I have almost the same kind of thing going on with my 06 S40. Vibes and buzzing felt on the right side of the gas tank around 50. Lets up at 60, you know thumpers are a "VIBE" thing anyway, thats part of the "Grove'.......YEAH BABY!!!! Sorry... went retro and Austin Powers on Ya.

IP Logged
steelwolf
Serious Thumper

"I'm a cowboy,
on a steel horse I
ride."

Trinity, NC
Reply #21 - 06/30/06 at 06:14:11

I know it's not "buzzing" but maybe the same solution will work for it too. I was having trouble with the air flow around the right side. It seemed that at highway speeds the air would try to push my foot off the peg. I put a fork bag on the crash bars and that cleared it right up. Air flow around both sides seems to be the same now.

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #22 - 06/30/06 at 08:22:18

If you look above, you'll see the original topic called it vibration - not buzzing but I changed the title of the topic/thread in hopes of reducing the amount of spam that had been inserted into this thread alone.  Since then it has dropped off a lot but it may be sheer coincidence.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
bobtreat
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 06/30/06 at 11:50:55

I had similar vibs and buzz you talk about,but after a few thousand miles it went away.Thought it was because was'nt broke in. Shocked

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/30/24 at 03:57:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Buzzing on the Right

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.