ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Re: Baffle Removal
Reply #15 - Yesterday at 09:27:20

What’s in the stage 1 kit?

A 50 pilot jet and 150 main jet should be the biggest jets you need. Narrow down the white spacer on the needle some or get a couple washers at the hardware store to replace the white spacer.  I think 2 number 4 washers should do it.

White spacer mod ---> https://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1104205157/0

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:42:24 by ThumperPaul »  
  IP Logged
TheBabyDerp
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - Yesterday at 12:09:38

Not sure off the top of my head. I will check when I get home from work. I will read into the white spacer mod. I plan on doing a cam/piston upgrade down the line. I heard the Mikuni's were superior. Any thoughts on that?

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #17 - Yesterday at 15:43:46

Did you receive genuine Mikuni jets and parts ?
If not, that could be troublesome.

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #18 - Today at 04:11:56

To Lancer’s point, you want genuine Mikuni jets for the stock CV carb or if you switch to a Mikuni VM36 slide carb.  Lancer sells a VM36 carb kit and also genuine Mikuni jets for either carb.  As well as his other goodies - hot cams and pistons.

The 6sigma website is a bit of a black box.  Even when I added the stage 1 kit to my cart (playing around with them), it didn’t tell me what I would get for $50+ bucks.  No thanks.

If you don’t want to buy through Lancer, you can buy genuine Mikuni jets from JetsRUs.com.  They are like $5-$8 each and like $8 shipping.  That’s much better than a $50 kit that you don’t know what you’re getting.  They also have the “washer/spacers” for the needle, or you can get a half-dozen of the right sized washers at a hardware store for less than $1.

The Mikuni VM36 is a great carb.  Lancer and his followers can attest and he’s sold many to happy members.  I like the VM36 a lot.  I also like the Keihin PWK38 a lot.  The biggest difference when running a slide carburetor is throttle response.

DragBikeMike did a great “carburetor shootout” technical post comparing several carbs.  Link here —> http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1585461605

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #19 - Today at 09:21:08

Derp , The Mikuni VM36 or VM38 both are fantastic carbs. Easy to tune , easy to get jets  and parts. Once tuned properly , it’s all throttle. You will wonder why you even bothered with the stock carb , that can be troublesome. 36mm for a stock engine & 38mm for a modded engine. It makes a huge difference in acceleration. The VM carb has been quite literally used on a million race bikes in the last 65 years. Why ? Because it works !!

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #20 - Today at 10:46:35

Great testimonial, Ruttly!  Where do you draw the line on stock vs modified?  I think Lancer tried the 38mm with his hot rod and dropped down to the 36mm for better performance.  My memory is bad, but I think it had to do with the velocity of the mixture through the intake valves into the motor or maybe it was better fuel atomization (or both).

I’m toying with the idea of experimenting with a PWK36 instead of my PWK38.  My bike is what I’d consider stock - just a UNI foam filter and Dyna muffler (no hardcore Stage 3 stuff like hot cam, hi-comp piston, bigger valves, porting, etc…).

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 11:12:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Baffle Removal

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.