Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
pickin' up a 2000 savage.... (Read 27 times)
bigdan
Ex Member

pickin' up a 2000 savage....
05/04/04 at 19:36:14

hi! just found this forum. i'm pickin' up a 2000 savage with 8.5k miles. needs tires, any reccomendations? anthing about this scooter i should check out? known problems? it's goin' to be my wife's ride after she gets broke in on the old honda CB360 trainer i picked up last year. i ride a honda valkyrie myself, but i always liked the chopper styling of the little suzi.

oh, yea, know of any aftermarket solo seats for the savage? wife will never carry a passenger & she likes the chopper look too!

thanks
bigdan

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Re: pickin' up a 2000 savage....
Reply #1 - 05/05/04 at 15:31:04

Hi.  I just got one as well. Check out this site, he's done some cool stuff and shared his methods...

http://www.jonline.org/savage/index.html

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
AL_DOWN_UNDER
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/07/04 at 13:50:37

HI RIDERS WHEN I BOUGHT MY 86 SAVAGE IT HAD A SOLO SEAT ON IT BUT IT HAD TO HAVE A CROME COVER MADE TO COVER THE ELECTRICS THAT ARE UNDER THE THE PASSENGER SEAT . OR YOU HAVE TO  MOVE THE ELECTRICS SOME WHERE ELSE. NOT SURE IF THE LATER BIKES HAVE THEM IN THE SAME SPOT . ANY ONE OUT THERE KNOW .
                  AL DOWN UNDER Undecided

IP Logged
savagethumper
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/07/04 at 20:24:09

My 2001 has a small electrical box, and uneven bodywork to support the back seat.  I was gonna make mine a "Hugger", but I have yet to figure out exactly how to fabricate a better fender, and still be able to safely put the electrics somewhere.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/09/24 at 10:19:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › pickin' up a 2000 savage....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.