Newbe (Read 15 times)
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Newbe
02/02/04 at 08:50:53

Hi Savage freaks. Like my Savage all the way. Tongue Let me introduce myself. I'm a 60 ( almost) year male from Holland or The Netherlands if you prefer. I' ve been in the aviation maintenance for 40 years, so the technical aspect of the beast ( Savage ) i find very interesting. My bike is yellow and from '93 is almost standard apart from forward controls from Falcon. Whel that's it, hope to be able to answer questions as I have all the manuals on hand. Roll Eyes
Greetings
Kropatchek Grin

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
Chench53
2004 No Login

"Special
Ed" rocks!

Suffolk VA, formerly NYC NY
Re: Newbe
Reply #1 - 02/04/04 at 03:37:04

Hi Kropatchek. I'm new here too, riding since '02. I'm here in NYC. Your post caught my eye because my friends have relatives in Holland; when they were there last year, he took his sons for a motorcycle ride, went along the dikes. It sounded like a lot of fun.

It's good to know there are so many folks who seem to know this bike so well can all come here and help the uninformed (like me. Roll Eyes )

Gerry

IP Logged
KathyN
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/24/04 at 11:51:40

Hi Kropatchek,  I'm new, too.  I'll be taking the MSF class in April, fulfilling a life-long dream of riding.  I had my first ride, as a passenger, at 17, and although it's a good 30+ years later, I'm really excited.  My first bike will be a Savage, although initially I was set on a Hyosung/Alpha Twin (sp ?).

IP Logged
AlisaB
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/26/04 at 18:30:55

Hi, I am new too.

My husband bought me a 2003 Savage a week ago.  It has been about 15 years since I have ridden.  I always light up when I see bikes and talk about them.  So he surprised me.

I went riding for the first time in 15 years last Saturday.  It all came back, why I love to ride so much and I really enjoyed it.  I will be taking the motorcycle training course in April and can't wait.  I am trying not to ride too much until I do that.

The only problem right now is it sat from Sunday to Thursday and we can not get it started!!  We are trying a sparkplug tonight, it wasn't the battery.  Hopefully this is just a fluke since it only has 1,000 miles on it!!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

My last bike was a 1982 Honda 250 Custom back in  1988 so it has been a while for me.

Alisa

IP Logged
savagethumper
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/17/04 at 09:52:07

Hello form the USA.  I have a question, you mentioned that your Savage had forward controls form a Falcon....what's a Falcon?  Over here, that's an old Ford car. ???

IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #5 - 04/17/04 at 09:55:38

Falcon is the name of the manufacturer of the device.
Made in the USA and the chrome is about 0,0000000001 mm thick Undecided

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
savagethumper
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/17/04 at 09:57:03

thank you for such a quick reply.  I assumed you took the controls from a bike called the Falcon.  Safe riding! Grin

IP Logged
GABBAR
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/03/04 at 18:23:46

Hi, I am a newbie too. Just bought Savage 2004 last week. I plan on taking the the Safety course in 2 weeks. I have a question and it may sound silly but what are forward controls?  ???

IP Logged
savagethumper
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/03/04 at 20:23:08

It's not a silly question....Forward controls are when your brake and shifter pegs are forward of the rider.  Buying custom forward controls puts them even further forward.  Speaking of forward controls, I found a place that sells them for the Savage, and those darn things are almost 500 bucks.  I guess I'll suck it up, and be a little cramped.

IP Logged
thehoghunter
2004 No Login

Chop Suey

Tampa
Reply #9 - 05/06/04 at 10:34:10

Savagethumper - try this...http://www.backyardperformance.com/Forward_Controls.html - Savage forward controls - item 20

and no, I have no connection with them - and have never used them so I can't give a thumbs up or down - I just knew I had seen a lower price than $500 before.

WWW   IP Logged
savagethumper
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 05/06/04 at 20:06:09

thanx Hoghunter!  Their a little more reasonable with their pricing. Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com