Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tire Questions (Read 0 times)
saabsaviur
Ex Member

Tire Questions
11/21/05 at 12:25:14

I had dirt bikes my whole childhood the savage is my first street bike so i was wondering what is the average time duration between oil changes you recomend? also i need new tires i used to do them myself on the dirtbikes do i need to pay someone to mount and balance them or is it not a huge deal also should you replace the tubes at each tire change?  Tongue

IP Logged
Distel
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Thumpin' in Germany

Castrop-Rauxel, Germany
Re: Tire Questions
Reply #1 - 11/21/05 at 12:40:45

You should change the oil every year to keep the engine going well for long years.

Distel is Thistle in scottish Wink
WWW   IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Reply #2 - 11/21/05 at 13:26:21

u need to change your oil more than once a year!!  unless, u got a "show" bike,in that case id just push it around,no need to waste oil Wink, as for tires its just like dirt bike tires ,but u use a little more muscle. and becareful to not chip the chrome.

IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/21/05 at 14:47:58

yeah I would change it like every 1500 miles if not sooner.  I change mine like 3 times a year with new filter.   I know thats a little much but it cant hurt.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #4 - 11/21/05 at 17:16:03

Oil change here around 6 to 8 weeks

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #5 - 11/21/05 at 18:12:51

Watch the oil itself,  if it is dirty...change it.

IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Reply #6 - 11/21/05 at 20:26:31

First thing - My advise is to change the oil between 1000 and 2000 mi. or every 6 mths. Of cource You can change it once a year or if You want -once every couple of years. This is Your bike. I personally change my oil roughly every 1000 mi. and the oil filter every 2000 mi.
About the tires- on the dirtbikes is harder, because You have tire locks and usually You use heavy duty tubes. You decide about the tube when You take the tire off. I'd say - if it is not leaking , it is OK. There will be a lot of guys who will tell the oposite. The only diff , compared to the dirtbikes is that Here on the tires You usually have a directional arrow, that has to follow the direction of the rotation and also You will have a dot /yellow or white /, that has to line up with the valve stem.

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
savage777
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 11/22/05 at 10:11:03

I change my oil every 1500 miles max!  The Savage only has 2.5 q  to lube and cool the engine. Air cooled engines tend to run hotter than "wet " engines so oil breaks down much faster. WHY would you even bother changing the oil and not the filter??!!!!   Even if it's for financial reasons we're only talkin $4.00  for a new filter. Thats like washing your feet and putting dirty socks back on,  it kinda defeats the purpose.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #8 - 11/22/05 at 11:03:36

I'm using a pure synthetic and change it between 1500-2000 miles.  If I were running dinojuice, I'd change it at about every 1000.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/09/24 at 19:50:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Tire Questions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.