Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Clutch lever only goes up and down (Read 31 times)
Arty Dodger
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Shreveport, LA
Clutch lever only goes up and down
03/29/24 at 00:37:41

ok I’m gonna do my best to explain what’s going on. Essentially I’ve been playing with clutch and got an aftermarket universal clutch which sucks by the way. I needed the stock clutch to be a couple inches longer. Anyway after finally figuring out my electrical (didn’t have the stock harness to begin with. Anyway, I turn over the key and starter motor pushes the bike forward realizing it’s not in neutral. I hold the clutch lever and try to shift but the lever arm only goes up and down. With nothing in between. Now I can’t get it in neutral. Besides the lever is hard to shift.

My questions are 1) should I take off the cover to see if anything is broken inside? 2) how far should the clutch part where the cable is connected to move? And 3) I need to find a new clutch cable that’s a tad longer but the hole where the adjustment bit has broken off, anyone know where I can find a clutch cable that’s a tad longer than stock one?

2007 Suzuki Savage to Bob or Die!
  IP Logged
Savard 05
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ohio
Re: Clutch lever only goes up and down
Reply #1 - 03/29/24 at 02:16:23

There are two marks on the case where the clutch arm lever Is sitting going into the clutch cover I'd make sure it's sitting at those marks and not exceeding those marks when clutch cable is pulled and also lube clutch cable before removing cover is what I would do. Depending on mileage I know alot of people on here have talked about 3 different push rod lengths for clutch depending where your arm is when clutch cable is squeezed. I'm not an expert I'm just chiming in while you wait for others to answer. Hope this helps.

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Re: Clutch lever only goes up and down
Reply #2 - 04/09/24 at 17:07:08

I’m having trouble with some of the nomenclature.  

1) When you say universal clutch, are you talking about the “clutch lever” on the left side handlebar?

2) What part is moving up and down only?  What other directions do you think it should go?

Can you post some pictures and tell us which parts you are referring to in each pic.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/20/24 at 01:06:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Clutch lever only goes up and down

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.