Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: 2024 Rides
Reply #15 - 11/09/23 at 11:51:12

Here is a record of the temperatures from last year.  There really isn't any clear pattern of the temperature being consistent.  On the 3rd the temperature was 92, and 4 days later the high was 55.

In 2021 the photos on my phone show we arrived in Kerrville on April 11th, and in 2022 we arrived in Kerrville on April 17th.  I can remember some cold mornings and hot afternoons on both trips.  I had wanted to go a bit later in the month as the bats may have returned to the tunnel and the bridge at Austin - however the wildflowers may have peaked a bit earlier.......it is all weather dependent!

Can we get a consensus on what week you want to be there?

April 14th - 19th
April 22nd - 26th

I did not include the weekend on either side of the weekdays in the above choices - however Deb and I are likely to stay a weekend or two as well.  The weekends are harder to secure in the campground - it is possible that we can't get a spot for the weekends....even this early!

AprilTemp.PNG

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #16 - 11/09/23 at 13:19:23

14-19 is easier for me, but I can probably swing either. Or at worst on later week I would only be there for half the week.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #17 - 11/09/23 at 14:15:35

Im good for any time in April

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #18 - 11/09/23 at 14:28:13

springman wrote on 11/08/23 at 14:51:35:
7 Once we iron out the dates I will give Steve (Hammer) a call and see if he can make it.

Is Hammer going to be required to bring his wife......now that she knows I bring Deb?

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #19 - 11/09/23 at 14:48:46

Good question Dave. I guess I'll find out here soon. Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #20 - 11/09/23 at 16:02:21

let's see... mike, mike and mike, dave, victory, bil2, hammer and possibly sig other
and dave and deb in the rv

as far as weather goes, this far out, it rolls in faster than they predict.

sunday arrival is fine with me, I might stay tilll saturday though.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #21 - 11/09/23 at 17:04:29

Retirement is wonderful !  

In my opinion : Warm weather is good ... as long as its under 100 degrees.

Smiley

Springman , all those brothers are good the way I see it.   Any number under a dozen is OK.   IMHO  

I'll bring a tent to camp in on the way there and back , so I could bring the 8x10x6 foot that sleeps two nicely and set it up in the yard -  if we have an odd number of people.  
Everybody knows that snoring sound better in a tent !   Huh

Ranch house is good too , Kitchen and Indoor bathrooms !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #22 - 11/09/23 at 17:20:48

Snoring ?
Does someone snore ?

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #23 - 11/09/23 at 17:41:59

Hay thinking of " Snoring " , the VA has me an appointment for the mask less cpap in Feb.

https://www.inspiresleep.com/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=con...

I'll know more about it later ?

right now vick's vaper rub is working just fine.  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #24 - 11/10/23 at 08:16:55

While snoring may not be healthy , snoring is just as much the rhythm of the earth as flowing water , the blowing winds  and swelling tides of the ocean , cows mooing and so on. Mind over matter , next time  MM has you trapped in a tent sawing logs just pic the rhythm close to his rhythm and you’ll go to sleep to the sound of the wind , or maybe a freight train or a tornado. You’ll go right to sleep. Trust me !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #25 - 11/10/23 at 21:59:28

Grin

LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #26 - 11/11/23 at 03:43:32

We will go right to sleep ?
Suuuuure we will.
Just pretend that the snoring is a part of the sounds of nature.
Umm ha.
Ruttly, you are going to have to come to Texas so you can SHOW us how you do this.
Yep.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #27 - 11/12/23 at 09:51:31

Touristy Stuff:

Deb and I are going to be doing some things on this trip that are perhaps a bit less riding oriented and more site seeing/touristy.  We are going to be in the area about 10 days - so we can do this stuff on days when Youzguyz wants a day off from being our guide......or on days when the rest of you have gone home.

If any of you are interested in this stuff........we could do it together.

Comstock/Langtry:  This area is very rugged, scenic and has a lot of history.  Judge Roy Bean lived and ruled here, and there are cave drawings at the Seminole Canyon State Park, and the view from the Pecos River Bridge is impressive.  This is about a 2.5 hour ride from Kerrville.  Deb and I are likely going to head this way and camp fpr a day or two after we leave Kerrville.....if you are packing a tent you can camp in this area with us.

San Antonio:  We would like to go to San Antonio and see the Alamo and the River Walk.  It would take a bit more than an hour to get into San Antonio, and we could likely visit both of these places in the same trip.

Regency Bridge:  This bridge takes about 2 hours to ride up to.  It may not be worth the trip if the scenery along the way is not enjoyable.  Youzguyz has offered to take us there on previous years - but the bridge was damaged and you could not drive across it.  I did a search and cannot determine if it is open to traffic again.

« Last Edit: 11/12/23 at 12:57:37 by Dave »  

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #28 - 11/13/23 at 02:30:05

Don't know much about some of these places.

Comstock/Langtry: Never been there.  

San Antonio: I live there.. but haven't been to the Alamo or River Walk in a LONG time.  Tourist places.  I hear the River Walk is really nice.  There are other missions that are easy to get to that might interest.

Regency Bridge: From my research, it appears to be open to traffic.  The roads to get are gravel.  About a mile on the south side and 4.5 miles on the north.   There is an RV park right at the bridge that would know for sure if it was open: https://theregencybridgepark.com/

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #29 - 11/14/23 at 11:18:34

I made reservations for our camp site at the Kerrville Schreiner Park.  We will be at the beginning of the Sycamore Loop, site 201. It is located very near to the cabin you fellows rented previously (But outside the range where your snoring can be heard).  Our first night will be Sunday April 14....and we will be leaving on Monday April 22.

There is a solar eclipse on Monday, April 8 - so maybe the tourist crowd will be gone by the time we move in to Texas for a week!

PARKMAP.PNG

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 34
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/08/24 at 23:31:44

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2024 Rides

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.