Send Topic Print
Spring Fever (Read 2697 times)
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: Spring Fever
Reply #405 - 05/18/24 at 10:09:20

Oh yes , all those hole shots , 0-60 runs , jumps , wheelies and all that other Ruttly abuse has taken its toll on that rear wheel. When I first put it together it would bark the rear tire on the shift to second. De tuned/retuned  to be fun to ride. But years of abuse have caught up. I heard a weird noise on braking , then killed engine at speed and applied rear brake only , almost like an old mechanical typewriter. It’s limited to cruising the neighborhood, , just to clear my head till I can fix it. I can smell those new Continentals already , say good bye to the 404s. And hello to gettin stupid on a new set of tires !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #406 - 05/19/24 at 14:17:08

Today I went shopping at produce stands , stop at them all. Next thing I know I’m thirty miles from home and heading east. In a town up the hill a bit just a joyride , I could just keep going. Perfect weather , bike delivering satisfaction like water from a faucet , someday I may ride off and be gone. Just not today , but one day !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #407 - 05/28/24 at 23:17:01

My 3rd day without caffeine in 60 years , one would think I’d be all relaxed but no , I just want to destroy something ! Agitated to put it lightly ! I miss my coffee , must be my drama queen side. Next cup of Joe I have should have me flying low and side ways. Maybe I’ll find a healthier alternative. But for now  it’s a no caffeine diet. Coffee , tea , pop & my wife’s awesome coffee ice cream too. I’m sure I’ll find a not so healthy alternative too! Decaf is better , still not a great option.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #408 - 05/30/24 at 23:30:21

Warm weather settin in , tire changing season is here ! So far , 2 off & 2 on the tracker , 1 of the take offs will go on the rear of the SR500. And 2 mounts on the new 250 rims. Only 3 dismounts and 5 mounts & balance. I’ll have to find a matching front tire for the SR500. Fresh tires on 3 bikes that should be enough for this year !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #409 - 05/31/24 at 18:00:06

Well I finally got my powder coated hubs in the mail and on the way to Buchanan’s. Oh woe is me , the bill ! Excel rims stripped and polished with polished SS spokes & nipples. Order up tires tonight Dunlop 404’s. The mocked up chassis still crouching on top of my work bench. It being a roller is still a ways off. But that day will be here before I know it. It may only be a worthy project in my book , idk ! It will be my vintage half pint thumper for Sunday mornings. With the stock seat that is wide and comfy a 200-300 mile ride will satisfy my need for adventure. Specs say its does 80 mph and is capable of 80 mpg. 75 & 75 will suit me !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #410 - 06/05/24 at 12:50:35

Won’t see my wheels back till next week , maybe. Tubes , strips & 1 tire here. The other tire be here soon and 100 degree weather , my free ,all natural tire softener. Dig out my tire tools and barrel see if I still got it !  It’s a good thing to start with installs rather than fighting one that been on the rim for 5 years ! Today drilling handlebars for Ox Eye turn signals.   Cool

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #411 - 06/07/24 at 20:13:31

All tires , tubes & strips here now , waiting on new wheels to come back. Went with a smaller set of Dunlop 404’s for the 250 a 100/90-18 up front and a 110/90-18 outback. Lighter than the 404’s on the tracker , a great tire for the price , a great tire period ! Can’t wait to mount them on the new rims. Think I pooped a bit when the invoice came in , top shelf stuff. Gettin there , maybe a month behind schedule , shootin for 1/1/25 .

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #412 - 06/14/24 at 02:29:48

I may be waiting possibly for another 2-3 weeks till new rims hit my doorstep. It might be a good thing , now I have to move forward with the exhaust. Man up and gitrdun ! Make no mistake , It will sound like a BSA , maybe with a touch of Evinrude. Remember it’s only a stock 250 , a pushrod engine too ! Employing some old technology to move my butt down the road with this one , but it being over 50 years old will endlessly supply my need for adventure. Everytime out on any bike is an adventure but heading out on a BSA will have a special appeal ! Yeah I know I’m an idiot , but  it will be my new old adventure bike , street scrambler. The RE 350s will be a good  test for the half pint thumper , pretty much  doing the speed limit and keeping up will be a success !     Grin Grin Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/17/24 at 12:27:40

General CategoryThe Cafe › Spring Fever

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.