RazBarlow

Timing Is Everything
! R U Advanced or
Retarded ?

Keene Texas
Shop Music ?
11/11/17 at 19:27:45

what do you guys play for shop music ?
I use Pandora and usually listen to classic rock and have seen about all old biker movies and listen to their instrumental soundtracks .
What do you listen to when working on your project ?

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: Shop Music ?
Reply #1 - 11/11/17 at 19:37:28

The Blues & classic rock & a little country , but mostly blues. The blues is the root of all American music,we wouldn't have rock if it weren't for the blues. Old blues , new blues , love it all !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #2 - 11/11/17 at 20:13:41

Welcome to the forum.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #3 - 11/11/17 at 20:50:22

"we built this city on rock and roll" (classic) , but I listen to anything but rap -crap.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Rotorhead
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Pearl City, HI
Reply #4 - 11/11/17 at 23:21:36

Slackr internet radio, "Greaser's Garage" or Pandora "Rockabilly" station (built that one myself).

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 11/12/17 at 03:38:56

I am horribly disappointed in what you can find on the radio these days - it seems to be rap, modern rock and roll country - or that stuff that the youth of today calls music.  On a recent drive to Georgia and back it was rare to find a radio station that I could listen to.

At work and at home I listen to some stations that carry Classic Country, Bluegrass or Old Time string band music (WOBO in Batavia OH, WMMT in Whitesburg KY. and WVMR in VA.  Those stations have a format that swing around a bit - so when I can't find something on them I usually just get on YouTube and punch in something to listen to - Gypsy Jazz, Surf Music, Old Time String Bands, etc.

A long time ago I had Sirius Radio to try and find something I could listen to - after owning it for a couple years I found out that the stations I listened to became pretty routine and played the same stuff over and over again......so I stopped being a subscriber.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
GBG

'06 S40. Stock plus
saddlebags.

Cincinnati, OH
Reply #6 - 11/12/17 at 06:53:40

I'm all over the place with my music, but in my garage it's typically Social Distortion, Bad Religion, The Bouncing Souls, and a little Ian Dury thrown in for good measure.

I don't typically listen to music while I ride, but I've found the Social Distortion running through my head on the harder rides, and The Band on the easier cruises.

IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #7 - 11/12/17 at 08:10:36

Try internet radio.
I have been listening to The Blues Cove of late and NEVER hear a commercial, station break or yada, yada, yada!
If you have VLC Media player, look on the side bar for "Icecast Radio Directory" it will bring up a thousand or so stations. Type a Genre in the search, hit enter, and try out a bunch of stations till you find something you like.
If you get the RarmaRadio free program you can explore all the radio you like and you can record it as mp3 to do whatever you like with when you are offline.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/raimaradio.htm

IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 11/12/17 at 09:31:16

In my garage/workshop I don't play any music because I am usually running some sort of noisy equipment such as a grinder or welder and wouldn't be able to hear it anyway.  In the house I often play oldies of all genres from the 40's, 50's and 60's but that gets repetitive after a while.  I don't seem to play music as much as most people.  I like to concentrate on whatever task is at hand without any distractions.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #9 - 11/13/17 at 03:31:11

bought a small digital amp off amazon, 25 watts with a slot for a memory card/stick. 16 gb of clasical, jazz, bluegrass for my shop.
At home. pc is linked to my stereo and I listen to WUOL louisville, WBGO newark, and WAMU washington. Internet radio rocks!!! Cool
Local radio at home is CRAP.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #10 - 11/13/17 at 04:30:54

I don't listen to radio much but when I do it is classic rock and old country.  About half the time when in my truck I listen to podcasts of Chuck Smith, founder of Calvary Chapel.  He is an extraordinary Bible teacher.

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #11 - 11/13/17 at 07:29:50

I'm also all over the place with music depending on the activity.  In my garage I listen to a 4 different local stations; one is all comedy.  I trend toward Blues Rock like Joe Bonamassa, Govt Mule or Alabama 3 or blues like John Lee Hooker.  But I'll hit The Black Keys, Tool, Alice in Chains, Clairy Browne, Jesse Cook etc etc depending on my mood.

I gave up on Pandora because of all the interruptions and use Spotify mostly now.  If I hear a song I like in my truck or anywhere I use Shazam to identify it and keep track.  On Spotify, there's a station called My Shazams and it will play any of the songs you ID'd with Shazam (once you have the 2 linked).  It's great because then you have a station made up of anything you liked enough to Shazam!
I also use Amazon Music.  If you're a Prime member you have access to an amazing volume of music from all genres.  There's also stations and playlists you can hit.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #12 - 11/13/17 at 18:29:34

Tocsik , I saw Bonamassa last month at the Sacramento War Memorial Auditorium, met him before the show,very calm guy,and had front row in the center seats. When it comes to front row seats it's not how much money you got its who you know and I know the right guy! Anyways it was a great show , his band is the best one could find , all electric I was hoping for a acoustic song or two but it was a awesome show. I like him cause he's different and one of the best guitarists in the world. If you ever get a chance don't think twice just GO !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
SoC
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
Reply #13 - 11/13/17 at 20:21:15

I'm lucky enough to have 2 decent college stations nearby the shop on the public portion of the broadcast radio band. One a community college, the other a university. The community college staion plays everything from Joe Bonamassa to punk to a nightly Grateful Dead fix. The university station is Alternative rock. When they cover the sports teams or games it's a sound track of the Dead, Little Feat, Hot Tuna, Steely Dan and "for those about to rock" AC/DC.

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #14 - 11/14/17 at 03:20:43

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/16/24 at 02:38:17

General CategoryThe Cafe › Shop Music ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.