Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Front Big Brake Kit Upgrade (Read 1782 times)
FinnHammer

Denmark
Re: Front Big Brake Kit Upgrade
Reply #60 - 05/15/24 at 00:19:41

I received the disk and caliper a while ago, and decided to upload the .step file to JLCPCB, just to see their pricing. 5 days turnaround, 4 to 6 days shipping, 7075 alloy. 33 USD, boy, I would be charged more than that just for the material alone here locally.
I will post a review of the part  as soon as it arrives.

Screenshot_20240515_091327_Chrome.jpg

An expert is a person who has made all possible mistakes within a narrow field - Niels Bohr
WWW   IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #61 - 05/15/24 at 04:37:02

FinnHammer wrote on 05/15/24 at 00:19:41:
I received the disk and caliper a while ago, and decided to upload the .step file to JLCPCB, just to see their pricing. 5 days turnaround, 4 to 6 days shipping, 7075 alloy. 33 USD, boy, I would be charged more than that just for the material alone here locally.
I will post a review of the part  as soon as it arrives.

FinnHammer - will this caliper bracket be an exact fit or will it need a little modification to work?  Or is it TBD when you get it in your hands?  The quality for the price does seem good.

IP Logged
FinnHammer

Denmark
Reply #62 - 05/15/24 at 11:56:06

The cad file is supplied by RycaShawn, so i certainly expect it to be a direct fit.
I cannot imagine a CNC mill to produce anything that is more than a couple hundreths of a millimeter off, but time will tell. I will report back as soon as I have the finished article in my hands.

An expert is a person who has made all possible mistakes within a narrow field - Niels Bohr
WWW   IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #63 - 05/15/24 at 12:47:04

Thanks.  I didn't realize the cad file was provided by rycashawn.

IP Logged
FinnHammer

Denmark
Reply #64 - 05/24/24 at 10:07:01

I received the bracket today, and the fit and finish is as expacted from a CNC milled part.
The time to make it was 5 days, as specified during the ordering process. Shipping was according to estimate at that time too, and the company handled the transfer through customs, so It could not be any easier.

IMG_20240524_143935_NR.jpg

WWW   IP Logged
FinnHammer

Denmark
Reply #65 - 05/24/24 at 10:07:34

Although there was no chamfer information in the step file, they deburred the holes really nicely anyway.

IMG_20240524_143942_NR.jpg

WWW   IP Logged
FinnHammer

Denmark
Reply #66 - 05/24/24 at 10:07:57

The only place where the surface finish is different from what normally comes out of a CNC mill, is this face, which has the finish you get from a rotating vibrating sanding machine. This will take a polish with great ease too.

I am astounded how they can do it, in the time frame and at that bargain price.

And I wish I had the need for another smart bracket, I would not hesitate to order from this company again.
« Last Edit: 05/24/24 at 13:29:41 by FinnHammer »  

IMG_20240524_144001_NR.jpg

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/16/24 at 18:32:25

General CategoryThe Marketplace › Front Big Brake Kit Upgrade

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.