old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: FN megash!t
Reply #15 - 06/15/16 at 03:27:05

Well..............
My "home page" is Yahoo, and THAT is part of my delema.
Yahoo runs like 6 advertisements on the page and most of the news stories are "gifs" which use ram for running short term.
Once I shut off yahoo after I check my mail and just use google for search and the "my favorite" url quick links, my useage drops drastically.
Found that out yesterday when yahoo was acting up and I closed that tab on my browser. (using IE 11)
I might experiment a bit and see about using the different browsers I have loaded and find a "sweet spot". Cheesy

Did a "restart" on my computer, instantly started the task manager and watched all the programs jump up and down trying to vie for top memory stealing.
It stayed at 100% disc usage for 5 minutes until I located the "Sevice Host:" program that had SUPER FETCH running (there are several "service host programs). Highlighted super fetch (wasn't easy, programs were jumping up and down on the list really fast) and told the task manager to "stop program".... within 15 seconds the disc usage dropped to 5%.
So I started my browser (IE 11) which has 3 tabs running, Yahoo, Google search and my D-Link camera url (which is not running until I hit the start button).
The disc usage jumped to 100% instantly after starting the browser, I searched but could not find which service host had restarted the super fetch that I thought was slowing the progress yet again... turns out that I just closed Yahoo and in about 30 seconds the disc usage drops to about 15% or lower.
Right now I have the google search tab (no ads), my D-Link tab (no ads) and the Suzkisavage tab (suzukisavage ad and one internet ad) and the disc usage is 2%, the memory usage is still at 28% and my CPU is at 7%.
I think I will mess around with some gaming and just see what is up with win 10.... i'm thinking its the ads that are being searched for that is locking up the disc usage.
Perhaps maybe an anti-ad program is needed (if it does not take up too much memory killing them).

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #16 - 06/16/16 at 13:54:19

Wife got a series of MS update notices on her laptop ....... and once she let MS go get them, install them and then when she rebooted her machine per instructions she had no video display system at all (video driver issue I would think).

She is now downgraded to an XP machine that she used to use years ago.

Wife is not happy with MS.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 06/16/16 at 17:53:37

Are you happy with MS?

Survey Says

No!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #18 - 06/17/16 at 10:49:01

still haven't found mt Mint disk

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 06/17/16 at 12:57:37

Having porblems?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #20 - 06/18/16 at 07:35:12

my DVD player doesn't seem to play, that's all
so far

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #21 - 06/25/16 at 15:46:04

My wife just got a big blue screen telling her that she was getting "a Major Upgrade / Improvement" from MS's Win 10 crew.

Stopped her cold for over 10 minutes in the middle of what she was doing and had her yelling at me over it (mainly because I was laughing at MickySoft's pure arrogance and stupidity).  

When it let her have her machine back the font size on everything was TINY and she couldn't even read it.

She's hot     ...... and I gotta quit laughing about it .......

Grin

Increasing the Display parameter to 125 got the size of stuff better, but cut off part of the screen ---- and it won't change back .......

MicroChoke, thy name is currently "megashit" at my house.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 16:27:16

General CategoryThe Cafe › FN megash!t

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.