Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Chrome vs Firefox -- a browser head to head war (Read 264 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Chrome vs Firefox -- a browser head to head wa
Reply #30 - 05/31/14 at 09:16:37

Greg wrote on 05/31/14 at 08:24:10:
I will open with this: At the Techonomy conference in 2010, Eric Schmidt predicted that "true transparency and no anonymity" is the way forward for the internet: "In a world of asynchronous threats it is too dangerous for there not to be some way to identify you. We need a [verified] name service for people. Governments will demand it."

In a world where hackers can spoof this and that, becoming dependent upon true ID as being valid will be a weakness.

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #31 - 05/31/14 at 14:14:24

Google needs to know who is knocking, so they can pull up your voice file and your preferences so they can do all their Googlish tricks for you.

And it is true that the government (NSA) does want to know who is talking as they do sort through "the internet" constantly looking for threats to national security.

"true transparency and no anonymity" is the way forward for the internet": "In a world of asynchronous threats it is too dangerous for there not to be some way to identify you. We need a [verified] name service for people. Governments will demand it."

Google also caught shite for saying bluntly that "On the internet, you have no real expectation of privacy, ever."

======================================

OK, so Google tells it blunt when asked -- the government does want to know who is speaking at all times and NSA has rigged the game so that they always can listen in on you wherever you are, and your IP address is only one of many many things that mean "On the internet, you have no real expectation of privacy, ever".   The NSA can listen in on you all the time since your phone has a mic and a speaker that are always on.

So you start wearing your new wearable ear rings to bed, does this affect your privacy any?   Sure it does, NSA might be listening or recording you to figure out what "Oh my God --- Oh my God --- Harder, harder, I'm going to go soon" means.

Google requires you to have an active gmail account to sign into any of their services.   Apple requires you to have an Apple ID to even start your device up.  MS required you to have and list an active e-mail address (shows how just long it has been since I was a main stream Windozian, don't it).

Other than responding to questions and saying the blunt unvarnished truth, what about this makes Google the "great evil" ???

Surely they've done something more nefarious that telling the blunt truth when asked a question by a reporter?

Come on .... trot it on out, what did the 'dubious duo' actually go do that was evil incarnate?

=======================================

Let's see. things I know about that people will cite eventually ...

They copied all the out of copy rite books in the English world and Guggenheim'd and Librivox'd them all, every singe stinkin' one of them.

https://librivox.org/      Wanna listen to a good book while you are driving?

They drove down every single street and photographed and mapped them all, and they also mapped every single active wifi signal and tied them down to a map location.   They also logged into every unsecured public wifi router and tagged them as well so you can ask your phone "Hey Google, where is the nearest wifi hotspot?" and get an real answer.

These acts if done by the Government might seem a little Big Brotherish to some, but Google provides data like this to people as part of search services so for them to be collecting it isn't all that surprising.  

Well, yes it was at the time because they were 3/4 done with it before people even noticed they were doing it at all.  

Google has surprised people several times by doing things THAT ARE NOT ILLEGAL OR RESTRICTED and having done them so quickly and quietly such that the fait accompli was in the public domain before anyone could do anything about it.

Google Earth was showing me mowing my grass on my riding lawn mower with my shirt off and making it available to everyone on line -- this was amazing enough to me but the folks swimming nekid and the women bouncing nekid on their hubbies crotch on the poolside lounge furniture in their back yards got a little upset about it sometimes.  

So Google put a fuzz filter on that last deepest magnification level so you can't see me or them clearly.   Big deal.  It is old news now.

Is Google's great evil that they are information collectors and dispersers par excellence ?  

Is "the great evil" that knowledge is available and free for anyone ?

Privacy -- show where Google has knowingly dispersed some non-public knowledge and let's talk about those particular privacy destroying episodes.

FOR THE FUN OF IT Ask Google how many times you (your full name) have been arrested.    (public record, you know)

Cheesy    Didn't know that you had lived in Washington State, now did you?

Folks are just now questioning what a cloud of Google balloons floating around all the time could do -- beyond carrying fast free internet to every corner of the world that is.

A crowd of them unmanned delivery drones flying everywhere over everything, all them robot cars and trucks making delivery runs and doing that cheap taxi service stuff, how about them for keeping tabs upon you?

Grin

Google is suspected of a lot of things, but let's just talk about the ones that bother you the most.

Verslagen brings up a good point -- only the honest joes need to worry about having no secrecy on line.    The dishonest joes who use bounce sites and filter sites and hardware scramblers and stuff each already have a file at NSA as "persons of interest" and are tracked all the time automatically using their own "protections" to keep track of them .....

Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: 05/31/14 at 17:11:04 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #32 - 05/31/14 at 17:44:35

http://business.time.com/2013/06/11/google-were-no-nsa-stooge-and-well-prove-...

Google: We’re No NSA Stooge and We’ll Prove It if the Feds Let Us

Needless to say the NSA (the government) will not allow any public knowledge of what they do officially ask for, when they don't go steal it anyway through their various means.  Please remember, every data packet goes through the main nodes on the US government's internet.

I don't think Google pulls any punches when asked questions about NSA trying to get into their server network or bust their data packets.   They fight it constantly.

http://techcrunch.com/2014/03/20/gmail-traffic-between-google-servers-now-enc...

Gmail Traffic Between Google Servers Now Encrypted To Thwart NSA Snooping

======================================    Google has over 100,000 of these servers in farms world wide.   Betcha didn't know that.   Did you know most of the smarts in your Android phone actually reside here, in the server farms?    Google can run your Android phone and your Chrome laptop services and give it all to you for free because they are very very good at what they do -- information and data transmission.

Flipside time, is your general personal information collected and sold by ALL the search providers?-

Yes it is.    (no prevaricating, they all do it)

Yahoo, Bing, Google, they all collect your general personal information and sell it many times a year for about $2.65 per info sale on average.

How much money do they make off those adds you see everywhere?

$3 per 1000 clicks is an averaged number that gets used a lot figuring how much an ad brings in.   Some do better, some do worse.

Please remember, the Internet isn't really free, it is a HUGE commercial enterprise that spends billions every day just to run -- it just makes billions more each day in profit because it IS running.

So much of our economy is now web based it the internet went down for a month it would be purely catastrophic.  
Talk about your market crash, woooo baby.

So, what do you now know (bluntly speaking) and now better understand about what is happening with your "private information"?

The only thing that isn't peddled freely is your social security number, passwords and the answers to your security questions.    
And your Bank tends to be very security conscious and very downright secretive too.   As is your charge card company.

Much of what you consider private information is listed in phone book white pages, yellow pages and such -- and that is all considered public information.

« Last Edit: 06/03/14 at 09:19:42 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/18/24 at 16:20:13

General CategoryThe Cafe › Chrome vs Firefox -- a browser head to head war

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.