Send Topic Print
efi!!!?? (Read 238 times)
bobert_FSO

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wichita KS
Re: efi!!!??
Reply #15 - 11/24/13 at 20:41:23

<I see no need to install injector on his Savage .

+2

I have no problem with a carb.  They have been used for the past 100 years.  They are easy for a person with average mechanical aptitude to clean, repair and set up.  In a pinch, they can be repaired on the road.  If using an OEM carb, they are relatively simple to tune yourself without a bunch of special equipment.  Once set up, a carb will generally operate for years without requiring any further attention-- If the vehicle is used regularly and not allowed to set.  For long-term storage (winter storage?), motorcycle carbs and fuel systems are easily drained.  

I myself am able to ride in the winter at least about once every 2 weeks.  All I need is a temperature at least in the upper 40's.  I don't own a battery maintainer or use any fuel stabilizers.

IP Logged
Ragnar444

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 11/30/13 at 18:10:54

Totally understand an individuals love for the modern carburetor.
But it is the 21st Century.
For example.
Isn't an internal combustion engine much more energy efficient than a steam engine?

IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #17 - 11/30/13 at 20:44:47

My wife's Monster is fuel injected. It feels overly sensitive to me. The throttle isn't as easy to roll on and off without driveline snatch as a carby engine. I prefer the power delivery of my Pantah with Dellorto carbs. Both got the same size engine. The best thing about the injection is the instant start and idle. Just my 2c. I'll be interested to ride a new injected Enfield single and see how it feels.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 16:14:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › efi!!!??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.