Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Indicators blinking at half speed question.. (Read 63 times)
23Skidoo

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

UK
Indicators blinking at half speed question..
11/28/13 at 13:33:03

Out of the blue my indicators stopped working this morning. After checking obvious connections and giving the switch a bit of a clean I got them to work again but now they only blink at half the speed and even then only after a few flicks of the switch from left to right.

I thought maybe relay but I have little idea about such things.

Would be grateful on some of your thoughts.

As ever many thanks.

Oh to make it a perfect day I forgot to put the battery side cover back on correctly and on the way home is bounced off down the road into a hedge never to be found again.. so will pop a wanted add in the marketplace on the off chance someone has one kicking around.. Unless any thoughts on making something out something..  cheers

« Last Edit: 11/28/13 at 14:35:20 by 23Skidoo »  
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Re: Indicators blinking at half speed question..
Reply #1 - 11/29/13 at 18:22:59

Skid I'm thinking it's either a weak battery or the flasher relay is going bad. Those are the first things I check(and the two things most often guilty). Good luck and let us know what ya find!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 11/30/13 at 06:32:22

Since cleaning the switch and some connections made it work a little, then cleaning it better might finish the job.  I suspect the contact in the switch is corroded.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
pdp1134
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 11/30/13 at 16:43:47

For me one problem was the bulbs in the sockets: clean and coat with dielectric grease.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 16:14:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Indicators blinking at half speed question..

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.