Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
400 belt drive conversion? exhaust question...??? (Read 264 times)
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Re: 400 belt drive conversion? exhaust question...
Reply #15 - 08/10/12 at 21:54:06

The chain is no more difficult to remove than the belt. Nothing needs to be cut. My chain is a one-piece - no master link. I measured it and had it put together. Then I put it on the bike, and took it off because it's easier to remove the rear wheel without it there.

Look very closely at the link at the top: That's the link that has been crimped.

I only have one picture of the chain on the bike and it's kind of an artsy-fartsy picture but it's proof of it being on the bike regardless.

http://cavimike.com/savagechain03.JPG

The chain doesn't need a master-link and a one-piece chain doesn't need to be cut. Pull the left-rear shock, take off the rear wheel and take off the front sprocket/pulley. The chain/belt slides right off the swing-arm.

IP Logged
wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
Reply #16 - 08/10/12 at 22:30:19

huh! it seems my brain slightly melted from heat. Cheesy
you're right. to remove the chain doesn't have to cut it. but I still prefer belt drive.

Yeah, it's not bigtwin, but it is the best half of it
  IP Logged
cigarandcoffeeman

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 08/15/12 at 09:08:39

Hey guys, sorry for the delay in posting, just got back from the festiva, Alice Cooper was amazing, the best stage show i have ever seen!!!

Anyway onto chopping the chain, the whole idea was just to use my breaker to get it off (didn't want to remove the shocker or rear wheel)
Mostly because i need to replace the well and truly goosed chain, so i can replace it with a slightly better one, to get me 10 miles up the road to the bike garage, so they can loosen my front sprocket nut (as its amazingly tight) etc etc,
but unfortunately my breaker shattered halfway through, so that's why i ground it.
I would of taken the shocker off, but i want to get the sprocket done 1st before i move onto removing the rear wheel, shocker etc for rebuild ( i like to do everything in stages and do them once Smiley )

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 17:13:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 400 belt drive conversion? exhaust question...???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.