Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
carb jetting- a progressive guide (Read 6489 times)
Halvor

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Norway
Re: carb jetting- a progressive guide
Reply #45 - 06/03/12 at 13:36:22

I went back to 1/2 mixture. I was lost before becauce of a stuck carb piston. Now it moves again and I notised some smoke on idle and black deposits inside exhaust. Now, with 1/2 mix it runs better and do not smoke. After s bit of "racing" the black inside my baffle looks like it has burnt away. I had to adjust the idle speed down after the adjustment.

It is just like the first post, first line with 55 pilot.

Savage 96, Enfield muffler. Lowered forks. Progressive springs Drag bar. big head light. GL1000 fender. small back light. Black. mini turn lamps, vm36 180-20. o2 sensor ! K&N
  IP Logged
mnefred
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Coupeville, WA
Reply #46 - 06/24/12 at 04:06:26

I have a situation I haven't yet found a reference for.  My ride to work is about 15 miles on 40 to 50 MPH county roads at sea level. Our lows are still dipping below 50 in the mornings. {There's something seriously wrong with wearing my winter gear in mid-June!! Lips Sealed} The bike is an '11 with about 2500 miles on it so far. She runs great, with only a little after-fire on decel and just a light pop on shutdown. The problem is what I think of as a "lean surge" when at a constant speed below about 50 mph, and below about 55 degrees. It almost feels like a miss, but not as dramatic as a true misfire. If I keep the choke out to the first notch {NOT full choke, what the shop manual calls the "enricher" position}, for the first third or so of the commute {when I hit the 50mph+ part of the drive} the problem stays away. If the temps are a little above 50 then I can usually leave the enricher off for the last third of the drive which is back down to 40 mph. However if the temps are below 50, especially down into the mid to low 40's, the enricher has to come back out after a mile or so at the lower speed.

So, the questions. What stage should I be looking at? Maybe just the spacer and mixture screw? Or is it normal for this engine to be so cold-blooded? Will running with the enricher out foul the plug, so long as the engine feels normal? IE: not lugging. Given the stated temps, how long would everybody expect to have run with the enricher on?

On particularly cold days I can run with the enricher out one notch even at 50+ mph for a couple of miles before she starts loading up. More normally I have to get it off as soon as I hit 50 which I'm guessing is when I'm getting into the main jet. On warmer days, 60 degrees and up, she runs perfectly with the enricher coming all the way off after only a mile or two. We've only hit 70 degrees a couple of times so far this year, and never during my commute window, so I'm not sure how fast she might warm up then. :'(

Sorry for the long winded post, and thanks for any advice!!  Mark

Mark & Evelyn
2011 S40 with Routy's FC's, Memphis Shade Slim w/s and lowers, Protac backrest, EBAY hard saddlebags
  IP Logged
newbs88
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #47 - 06/05/15 at 16:16:24

I need a little help. I have a 95 Savage and im trying my hardest to get the air fuel mixture happy. I have stock air box and Jardine Slip Slash Cut Exhaust. I ordered a jet kit for my bike after starting to notice my new exhaust is starting to turn tan/brown/ I since haven't rode it because fear of burning the motor up getting it hot. So my ? is could someone please tell me which Main jet I need from the kit I got. I received a 150,155, and 160 main jet. The brand jet kit is Sigma Jet Kits and I have had so many mix recommendations that I want to get it close to right as I can so I don't mess up my bike which only has 7k miles on it and is in very good condition. I also have posted this question on the Savage Facebook page and there are many others with the exact same setup as mine wanting a good answer. I emailed Sigma and haven't heard back from them yet so figured I could try here and talk to someone who actually has worked on this exact model and not just general motorcycles. Any Help would be great. Thank you in advance.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #48 - 06/05/15 at 18:11:35

Newbs,... put your questions in the Rubberside section...

You'll get more help there...
Tech section is for information, not questions...

Study here... questions in the RSD... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 12:14:32

General CategoryTechnical Documents/Reference › carb jetting- a progressive guide

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.