oil change (Read 114 times)
mrpeabdy1974
YaBB Newbies
2003 No Login

SAVE ME JEBUS!!!!!

Reading,Pennsylvania
oil change
11/17/03 at 13:51:05

I have  tried to change the oil in my savage but have been having trouble. I changed the filter let out oil because it did look low so only  a few tablespoons of old oil poured out.so Iput in 2 quarts of new oil but it shows way too much, so I left some run out till it stopped pouring out and it still shows way too much oil.Now i can not get anymore oil to pour out.I let it run a little bit and it started dripping oil so I have not ridden it because of this and I dont know what to do to get more oil to pour out to level it off. what do I do? its not empty the window shows overfilled yet it wont pour out.

WWW mrpeabdy1974@yahoo.com Mrpeabody321   IP Logged
Well

Re: oil change
Reply #1 - 12/04/03 at 07:05:03

Maybe U should just open oil plug just a little bit & let the oil drain? But U should control it carefully!!!

PS NEVER RUN BIKE OR EVEN TURN IT ON if there is more oil then needed or less then can be!

Sorry for my English

IP Logged
Chench53
2004 No Login

"Special
Ed" rocks!

Suffolk VA, formerly NYC NY
Reply #2 - 02/04/04 at 03:46:36

Well is right about finding the plug. The drain plug is way underneath. It will drain better if you open that. First time I changed my oil, I did same thing, just did it from the filter, and some oil drained, but not all, so I put much much less than the 2 quarts MOM says it takes. I just filled it so I could see the oil level in the window, did not overfill.

Next time, I found the plug, drained it properly and I was able to put about 2 quarts in.

Gerry

IP Logged
Gargoyle
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/04/04 at 08:00:55

I just did an oil change. First on my Savage. I rode bike to warm up oil. Then removed drain plug under the engine. Oil came pouring out. The drain plug is is on left side of bike, on the bottom of the engine near the kickstand. You will have to look  up under the engine to see it and get a wrench on it. It faces to the side of bike not facing down. When I removed the filter very little oil came out. The oil has to be drained by the drain plug not the filter. You may have to drain all the oil(old and new) and start over. You can leave the filter alone though. Anymore questions feel free to ask. Good luck.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/20/24 at 02:22:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › oil change

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.