Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Taxing Unrealized Capital Gains (Read 60 times)
JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Taxing Unrealized Capital Gains
08/25/24 at 12:00:44

Anyone care to Try to explain what that means to the left?
I'm sure none of them Think that is a bad idea.
Anyone who thinks it's a bad idea, please, say so.

I'm just Sure anyone who would tax someone on the difference between the Supposed value on a home Today versus the Cost of it when they bought it obviously wants to minimize the burden of the cost of government on the people and will surely be finding creative ways to accomplish that,, like eliminating taxes on tips.. I'm sure that is uppermost on her Handlers minds.
That dumbass isn't formulating plans. She's a puppet. She had a 28% approval rating before it was announced that she was never the border czar and Very Popular,, which helps us understand Why she had to resort to Free Concerts to get a good sized crowd together to be able to Pretend they showed up for her rally.
Then, when the Free Stuff was over,, and Word Salad Annie took the mic,,people hauled
Assouttathere..
But she's Very Popular!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Taxing Unrealized Capital Gains
Reply #1 - 08/25/24 at 15:40:41

Just tell me why you're not JoG3...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Reply #2 - 08/25/24 at 15:51:59

Hell,,I dunno,, if you can change it or help me change it, I Would. I seriously don't like my handle. I wasn't sure what I was doing was even going to get me in here, I don't even know why that name was in my head. When the trumpets blared and the drawbridge came down to greet me, I was surprised,, and stuck with a name I regret.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #3 - 08/26/24 at 02:13:59

a pos by any other name smells just as bad Smiley

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 08/26/24 at 04:03:21

So is your beard really gray ?
Partially ?
Fully ?

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #5 - 08/26/24 at 05:02:00

Go to CPanel at the top of the site.

Click on Profile.

Click a few more selections (you’ll figure it out) until you find your handle and you can change it.

There is no reasonable means or method to tax unrealized capital gains.  This is DOA.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 08/26/24 at 05:52:17

ThumperPaul wrote on 08/26/24 at 05:02:00:
Go to CPanel at the top of the site.

Click on Profile.

Click a few more selections (you’ll figure it out) until you find your handle and you can change it.

There is no reasonable means or method to tax unrealized capital gains.  This is DOA.

Never underestimate leftist ability to take people’s money. This is a potential pot of money for them to further socialize the nation so don’t be surprised when this gains steam. Not only does Trump have to win, Republicans have to keep the House and win Senate to keep this country alive for a while longer. If Harris wins and they get the House, The Republic is on hospice.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #7 - 08/28/24 at 02:35:13

[quote author=0035263E2522263523470 link=1724612444/0#0 date=1724612444]Anyone care to Try to explain what that means to the left?

I'm just Sure anyone who would tax someone on the difference between the Supposed value on a home Today versus the Cost of it when they bought it obviously wants to minimize the burden of the cost of government on the people and will surely be finding creative ways to accomplish that,, like eliminating taxes on tips.. I'm sure that is uppermost on her Handlers minds.

the proposal only applies to those whose wealth exceeds $100 million

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 08/28/24 at 03:09:25

[quote author=302C312934213627282B2A21440 link=1724612444/0#7 date=1724837713]JOG wrote on 08/25/24 at 12:00:44:
Anyone care to Try to explain what that means to the left?

the proposal only applies to those whose wealth exceeds $100 million

So what? Why do people feel the need to take money from other people. And why do you want to use the government to do dirty work? Tell you what, go, find the nearest Morton’s steakhouse, stand outside, wait for somebody to come out and ask them for 50 bucks. Cut out the middleman you coward.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #9 - 08/28/24 at 04:03:45

the "rich" need to pay their fair share of taxes

IP Logged
JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Reply #10 - 08/28/24 at 06:30:05

Is being taxed on the assumed Value of a house you bought twenty years ago right?
If it's gone down in value, do you get a refund?

Historically, gains and losses are Realized after they are sold. The guy who bought a Ford Cobra, put it on blocks in a climate controlled storage space and put it in his will for his son Invested some thousands of dollars and today is sitting on a million. Rough figures, dollar amount doesn't matter, it's just considering the Idea,,okay?
Now, the difference is Unrealized Capital Gains,, should anyone have to pay taxes on their investment that they have not sold? I say no.

Re:Taxes on Supposed Current Value,,
Property taxes Are done that way. The county Appraises your property, declares its worth,and taxes you according to what They say it's worth. If someone comes in and builds a McMansion next door to your double wide, your property value will be increased. So the property taxes go up. Now, as uncool as that is, are you okay with the IRS also jacking you up for taxes on some abstract New Value on your property?

It's my position that If a county appraises a property and the owner doesn't agree with them they Otta be able to go to the county and demand they buy it. I know there is no way my place would sell for even 80% of the appraised value.

How many times do they want to tax the Unrealized Gains? Is that a New Line on the tax forms? So they introduce it, we paid $85,000.00 twenty years ago. 11.5 acres, 1,500 square feet, some storage buildings, now it's supposedly over 200,000...
That's gonna be a big hickey,,
And anyone who shrugs and says,, I don't care, I Rent! Well,, whoever you are paying rent to cares. Your Rent is Going Up! A Lot..
The people who get refunds are always harping on The Rich need to Pay their Fair Share. I've known a few people who had to send in a big check. I knew one guy who had to do his taxes quarterly. He paid in more than I earned. He was Not exactly rich. His house, cars, everything anyone could See was He's just another guy on a very average lookin block. He had managed to build himself up to around3 million.. What Is his fair share? How much did he Benefit society by doing that? How many people did he give opportunities to?

TC,, You can apologize for your POS crack..
Naah,, don't bother.. You wouldn't mean it. It's just One More Thing your brainwashed mind believes that you can't Explain Why you believe it.

Since nobody straightened you out for your piece of nuts comment, I will.
You think I'm supposed to treat you with respect? While you say ridiculous crap and can't articulate WHY it is reasonable?
You refuse to Explain why something you believe is reasonable, and it absolutely flies in the face of logical, reasonable thought, but I'm the POS?
Try again,,

Explain How it is Authoritarian Rhetoric to support the Freedom to Carry,without demanding a license. I'm sure you have All the Butthurt emotions that would accompany being exposed to the overbearing bully who was Forcing you to do something you don't want to do,, so you Can call it Authoritarian, even though there is No rational way to associate promoting the Freedom to open carry and be able to defend self and the general public
with Any Kind of Authoritarianism. And you can't articulate How your butthurtedness is reasonable.
But I'm the POS?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 08/28/24 at 07:02:37

So what? Why do people feel the need to take money from other people. And why do you want to use the government to do dirty work? Tell you what, go, find the nearest Morton’s steakhouse, stand outside, wait for somebody to come out and ask them for 50 bucks. Cut out the middleman you coward.

This doesn't make any sense.  The government uses taxes to support its activities that, typically, are to benefit the public at large.  Individual citizens taking money from other individual citizens has nothing to do with that.

How exactly do we support the infrastructure, military etc. without taxes?  Individuals taking money from other individuals at steakhouses then spending it on infrastructure?

IP Logged
JOG
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Reply #12 - 08/28/24 at 07:19:24

LANCER wrote on 08/26/24 at 04:03:21:
So is your beard really gray ?
Partially ?
Fully ?

All the way. The hair on my head is still pretty much all there and still brown, I don't get it.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 08/28/24 at 07:50:51

Is being taxed on the assumed Value of a house you bought twenty years ago right?

Only if you want infrastructure around it, like drinking water.

If it's gone down in value, do you get a refund?

No, you pay less that year.  If you pay sales tax on a $100 item and the item goes down in value do you get a sales tax refund?

Re:Taxes on Supposed Current Value,,
Property taxes Are done that way. The county Appraises your property, declares its worth,and taxes you according to what They say it's worth. If someone comes in and builds a McMansion next door to your double wide, your property value will be increased. So the property taxes go up. Now, as uncool as that is, are you okay with the IRS also jacking you up for taxes on some abstract New Value on your property?

Yes.  If other people do work and through no action of my own my property goes up in value, I will pay taxes on that.  There's no way we could sustain local infrastructure if people paid taxes on purchased property values.  They tried that in a county near mine and then wondered why they had volunteer fire departments, one LEO per shift and the neighboring city provided ambulances within 8 years.  People were begging for updated assessments by year 10 as they plunged into ghetto status and their properties dropped in value more.

A consistent property taxation only works if prices of everything else stay the same.  

Unrealized gain is an attempt to get the ultra-wealthy to pay something instead of the nothing they typically pay now.  What I would like to see addressed is the Carried Interest loophole if we want to go that route.  The real question is who here would give up 100 million because they would be taxed on Unrealized Capital Gains?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #14 - 08/28/24 at 07:58:04

thumperclone wrote on 08/28/24 at 04:03:45:
the "rich" need to pay their fair share of taxes

Thought so.
Anybody that has more money than you, is 'rich' and needs to pay.
While you, (having less money), do NOT have to pay !

You do know what that is called, don't you ?

The top level Democrats, have a lot more disposable money than just about anyone else.  

So the "hyperbole" comes from a ignorant word salad person, and the " lies " come from a MN Governor.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 14:35:38

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Taxing Unrealized Capital Gains

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.