WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Tipping
Reply #30 - 08/17/24 at 04:44:36

thumperclone wrote on 08/16/24 at 13:45:19:
tax all income

No. If I sell a piece of private property, I should not have to pay income tax. If I buy an old motorcycle because I recognize its potential value, restore it and sell it for 10 times what I paid, why should that be counted as taxable income?

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #31 - 08/17/24 at 06:42:51

WebsterMark wrote on 08/17/24 at 04:44:36:
tax all income

No. If I sell a piece of private property, I should not have to pay income tax. If I buy an old motorcycle because I recognize its potential value, restore it and sell it for 10 times what I paid, why should that be counted as taxable income?

what you mention IS income= taxable

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #32 - 08/17/24 at 07:25:06

tax all income

Now you're getting into interest and capital gains taxes
A whole lot of fudging can happen there
It's Trump's bread and butter

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 08/17/24 at 11:54:09

tax all income

Actually, I’m going to backtrack on that as it’s more nuanced than the example I created. If I owned a restaurant, I could claim the steaks I purchased were my personal property and I improved their worth by cooking them so why should I have to pay taxes on the payments my customers who eat those steaks? There’s no real difference between that and the refurbished motorcycle example.

In the famous words of Emily Letella, “Nevermind”

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 08/17/24 at 11:55:40

Serowbot wrote on 08/17/24 at 07:25:06:
tax all income

Now you're getting into interest and capital gains taxes
A whole lot of fudging can happen there
It's Trump's bread and butter

FFS…Trump…Trump..Trump. A better example would be Nancy Pelosi or Hilary Clinton.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 08/17/24 at 13:33:26

I'm pointing out how fukkin pathetic it is that she's dangling bait,
And you are playing the
Intellectual Pickpocket
Redirecting.

Redirecting to the original question asked on this thread.  You can complain all you want, I am just asking one question.

I would like to, if people can manage it, leave out whose idea this is/was/will be as I am not approaching this from a who I like as POTUS stance.

If one had a choice, would one vote for taxation of tips, or no taxation of tips?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 08/17/24 at 13:36:58

Actually, I’m going to backtrack on that as it’s more nuanced than the example I created. If I owned a restaurant, I could claim the steaks I purchased were my personal property and I improved their worth by cooking them so why should I have to pay taxes on the payments my customers who eat those steaks? There’s no real difference between that and the refurbished motorcycle example.

I agree.  I would however be ok with increasing the $600 minimum on sales of personal property without reporting it.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 08/17/24 at 16:00:12

Eegore wrote on 08/17/24 at 13:36:58:

I agree.  I would however be ok with increasing the $600 minimum on sales of personal property without reporting it.

1) I don’t remember selling anything over $600 within the past 10 years or so but if I did, I’m not reporting that as income.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #38 - 08/17/24 at 16:04:54

1) I don’t remember selling anything over $600 within the past 10 years or so but if I did, I’m not reporting that as income.

This mostly impacts people selling things on the many online auction sites or use digital payments.  Selling $2000 in junk from your garage on eBay will result in them sending you the tax reporting information.  You can ignore it and hope the IRS does too.  I'm sure plenty of people do.

I would however be completely ok with that limit being much higher.  50% of the Federally recognized "poverty" income amount would be a start.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #39 - 08/17/24 at 16:29:10

I was flippin' bikes for while,.. the rule here is like 6 per year I think
After that it's a business

I forget the details so don't quote me on that  Grin

... but you're allowed to sell yer' own car or bike
Not a 100 of them
Makes sense

Pppfttt!
The topic is tipping
Tips are income... you make them at work

I tip people that work privately for me.
The guy that fixed my air conditioner, trimmed my trees, etc
I'm not tipping Little Caesars for handing me a box  Tongue

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #40 - 08/17/24 at 18:22:00

I'm not tipping Little Caesars for handing me a box

Do you mean at the store, or the delivery driver?

I tip delivery drivers.  I do find myself in a situation where I would like to tip everyone, but since I think a lot of those scenarios are inappropriate, like tipping Advance Auto for grabbing the part I ordered online.  I wouldn't mind tipping that staff $50, but I do it cash when I can because I hate to see digital tipping on the payment screens there.  It just affirms to the company that customers are ok with it.

I do however think that guy should claim and pay taxes on that $50 since it was done specifically in the scope of his employment and was not a gift.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #41 - 08/18/24 at 06:46:31

I mean at the store, at the counter... you put your card in the slot and it asks how much you'd like to tip
What am I tipping?  I'm already paying for the pizza

While I'm on a pizza rant... there's Papa Murphy's where they act like handing you an uncooked pizza is a feature
They have no ovens using electricity, they don't have to clean them, cheaper air conditioning, faster turn around and you go home and have to cook it yourself?
So special...
How big a fool do you think I am?

That was rhetorical  Huh

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 15:23:55

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Tipping