Send Topic Print
the best battery for LS (Read 72 times)
nicolaeremita
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

the best battery for LS
07/18/24 at 02:54:16

Hello! Is there someone can help me to find the right litio battery for the LS Savage? Please put complete data and if possible link to amazon market. Bye!!  Wink

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: the best battery for LS
Reply #1 - 07/18/24 at 03:22:28

The Best "Litio" battery?  I assume you mean "Lithium".

Comparing batteries and finding the best would require a research grant and a lot of time to achieve.  I only have experience with one Lithium battery and it has been good.

I don't know where you live or how you ride - do you need to start your bike in really cold weather?

I have an EarthX ETX12A battery in my Cafe' bike 12 years ago and it is still working fine.  The battery is very small land light - if you install it in the stock battery box you will need to add some foam spacers to lock the battery into place.  My bike can sit for 5 months and when I put in fuel, turn the key and hit the starter button the battery fires the bike right up.  I have never put a trickle charger or maintainer on the battery - my bike doesn't have a clock or USB charging adapter that will have a parasitic electrical draw when the bike is turned off.

The EarthX has internal devices to balance the cells and you can use a normal 1.5 amp charger if you need to.  The battery also has a disconnect to prevent battery damage if you try to run the battery voltage to low.

My bike sits in a warm garage protected from the elements, it does not get started in temperatures below 60 degrees, and it gets used for a few thousand miles each year.  If you are a daily rider/commuter or have to start the bike in freezing weather this battery may not work as well or last as long for you.  In really cold weather you need to warm the battery up for a short period by running the headlight - and you may be better off with the larger ETX18A if your bike gets started in the cold or needs to crank a while to get started.

https://www.amazon.com/EarthX-ETX12A-Management-Performance-Longevity/dp/B00A...

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 07/18/24 at 09:02:44

The best battery for a savage depends on you.

Buy the best battery you can afford.
Can you afford to maintain it?

A standard lead acid battery can be the cheapest if you can afford to check it on a regular basis.

An AGM will cost a little more but you won't have to check it regularly.

Lithium Ion are the most expensive and offer additional benefits.

WWW   IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/18/24 at 17:48:40

nicolaeremita wrote on 07/18/24 at 02:54:16:
Hello! Is there someone can help me to find the right litio battery for the LS Savage? Please put complete data and if possible link to amazon market. Bye!!  Wink

----------------------
No problem, anything else we can do for you?  Wink

IP Logged
JOG

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Longview, Texas
Reply #4 - 07/19/24 at 09:13:49

Would you like fries with that?

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #5 - 07/19/24 at 11:52:04

Super size it please!

Since we’re Amazon shopping, I like this expensive $225 “antigravity” battery!  Since it’s antigravity, it will make your bike fly!!  You’ll have to read their description and technical data to confirm if my understanding of antigravity batteries is correct.  Grin Shocked

https://www.amazon.com/Antigravity-Batteries-AG-ATX12-AH-RS/dp/B081RWNPY8/ref...

IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #6 - 07/19/24 at 22:48:01

Dave, do you have any concerns about fire with the lithium battery.  I checked their website, and it seems like they have it together.  They even make aviation batteries.  My biggest concern over lithium batteries is fire.  I don't wanna end up like Sneezy.  What can you tell us about risk of fire with the EarthX battery.

If they would ship the battery out here, it would set me back about $450 bucks for the ETX18 and the associated charger.  That may sound like a lot, but when you consider I go through an AGM battery every 12 months, and they set me back about $120 bucks a copy, a 12-year lithium battery starts to look a little more inviting.

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #7 - 07/20/24 at 04:10:15

DragBikeMike wrote on 07/19/24 at 22:48:01:
Dave, do you have any concerns about fire with the lithium battery.  I checked their website, and it seems like they have it together.  They even make aviation batteries.  My biggest concern over lithium batteries is fire.

I wasn't worried about it until now! Sad

I have seen videos of Lithium Ion batteries on fire - pretty scary stuff.  And it appears nearly impossible to put out the fire.

The EarthX is not supposed to need a special dedicated charger, as the battery has an internal device to balance the cells.  I have not had my battery on a charger or maintainer for the 12 years that I have owned it.  After sitting for 5 months the bike fires right up.  If the battery life is related to the number of cycles - that could help to explain the long life I have had from this battery.  My engine starts instantly - it never cranks more than a couple of turns and it is running.  I also have only put a 17,000 miles on the bike in those 12 years.......having other motorcycles that have more weather protection and are more comfortable causes me to take other bikes when I go on long rides or need to have room for Deb.

The small size and light weight made the EarthX the battery of choice for the Cafe' bike - it was easy to find room for it.  I don't know if it is a better choice than an AGM for a stock bike that has room for a normal size battery.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #8 - 07/21/24 at 06:19:29

Nicolaeramita - I know (think?) you specified lithium ion or maybe lithium iron, but thought I would throw this out as a direct replacement battery that works great in the Savage.

https://www.batterymart.com/p-Big-Crank-ETX15L-Battery.html

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/07/24 at 17:25:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › the best battery for LS

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.