Wowzaaaa.......! (Read 41 times)
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Wowzaaaa.......!
07/03/24 at 23:20:27

Triumph sold over 50,000 Speed 400s !!!!

https://www.rideapart.com/news/725314/triumph-50000-small-displacement-400-mo...

Apart from Honda having a zillion varieties of the 500 twin, where are the usual suspects from Japan Inc. ?
Cheers!  Cool

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Wowzaaaa.......!
Reply #1 - 07/04/24 at 03:54:38

The article says several times they are 400cc twins.....the engine is a single cylinder.

I wonder how many were sold in the US?  I don't believe the market for a small motorcycles is significant yet - our highway speeds just aren't friendly to a bike that can't go 70mph easily.

For relaxing rides on rural roads or downtown streets - a smaller bike is great.

« Last Edit: 07/04/24 at 09:29:57 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #2 - 07/04/24 at 08:51:11

Based on this article, it looks like a bunch were sold in India.  With Royal Enfield being made and popular in India, it looks like they have some real competition for their 350 Meteor and Hunter.

It is messed up Dave that the author called it a twin!  I keep checking to see if the local Triumph dealer has one in stock and so far, no luck.  I’d like to see one in person and maybe test ride.

https://www.motorcyclesdata.com/2024/03/07/triumph-motorcycles/

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 07/04/24 at 21:11:27

No , the writer was saying the twins that share a 400cc motor.  Scrambler and Speed are their names .
I saw it and gave the writer the benefit of "mis-wording" the statement but still knowing what they were trying to relay.

The writer mess up and the editor didn't have enough knowledge to catch it , it don't say anything good about the rag they work for !!!  Undecided

Short runs on the interstate are "OK" even on my little 350cc , it's geared to redline 5th gear at about 85mph.
But
Ridding on the "Interstate" ain't no fun anyway , 65mph is so much more pleasant  .   IMHO

It wouldn't make me mad if we did like a lot of the other countries  and had a National 100-110km/hour speed limit and camera's to enforce it.
... Just think of how much taxes could be lowered if the 80mph group payed all the bills ...  

or
I can just take the secondary roads to where I'm going.   Wink

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 22:13:32 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/06/24 at 14:42:32

General CategoryThe Cafe › Wowzaaaa.......!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.