Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Kawasaki board. Isn't very active (Read 17 times)
Graybeard
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Kawasaki board. Isn't very active
06/28/24 at 06:30:22

I finally joined and posted my introduction, because the oil change at 600 miles left me confused. That was yesterday ? Day before? IDK.. Doesn't matter. One thing for sure, someone join and post Here they are going to get Hello and Howdy from several people in a few hours. Questions are going to be answered. But the difference between here and The Other Ones was made clear to me years ago, when I was replacing a piston on a really Badass four wheel drive four wheelr. They were just unfriendly and didn't want to help.
I met a guy who had a Savage. He was staring at the bike when I came out of the bait store. Super nice guy. Lives in Longview. The bait store is in Kilgore, quite a nice little ride, meh,thirtyish miles.
Getting it kitted out. Got the milk crate on it. It fits lengthwise instead of going across, so it's easier on the eyes and smoother through the wind. It creates a place to hang bags,too. If I could weld aluminum I'd build one and ditch that twelve pounds of seventy year old wood and metal.
Aww,what am I Thinking? I don't have to weld. Rivets work. A ride out to a metal sales place is in order...
I've been reading Twist of the wrist again, and watching YouTube videos, working on technique and training exercises. I'm Weak on low speed maneuvering and I absolutely need to practice Emergency braking.
It sure is easy to get weight on the bars,braking for a turn. And that is not your friend. It's such an obvious difference when I don't and the elbows are low and once it's leaned in it's almost like riding a bicycle through a turn with no hands.
So far my favorite videos are from MotoJuitsu? I'm pretty sure that spelling is wrong. And MCRider, again, wrong, but close..

IP Logged
J Mac

Laissez Les Bon
Temps Roulez

Louisiana, USA
Re: The Kawasaki board. Isn't very active
Reply #1 - Yesterday at 08:17:04

Your bike sounds nice.  There are times I wish I had gone with a little modern bike that runs like a sewing machine.  Then again, that would have cost me more than $3000.  I went to an experienced rider class many years ago.  I was distracted due to issues at home and not enough sleep.  I nearly killed myself in the course in front of people doing exercises I had never tried in real life.  Embarrassing.  That being said, it taught me to pay attention to learning emergency braking, friction ratios, swerving, etc.  I've always been good with low speed maneuvers.  

As far as forums, there aren't that many good ones.  They're either dead or full of know-it-all/smart a$$ types.  I'm in a Ryker forum that I rarely log on to.  The Australian guy that must be a founder/owner edits nearly every post people put up for clarity or accuracy.  I think that's crap.  Let people post what they post and don't touch it.  If it violates terms, remove it.  I've always like that this forum doesn't have nanny editors.

“These go to 11.” --Nigel Tufnel
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/30/24 at 16:57:30

General CategoryThe Cafe › The Kawasaki board. Isn't very active

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.