stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Helmets
Reply #15 - 05/31/24 at 12:57:41

I had an old solid HJC FF and upgraded to the I90 Modular FF. My first modular and very happy with it, and like the integrated sunshield so no more switching shields or fiddling with sunglasses!!!! Runs a tad small to size upon initial purchase but it DOES soften up with wearing and is now perfect fit. More noticeable wind noise than you'd get out of a nice SHOEI or higher end helmet, but I knew that.

https://hjchelmets.us/products/i90-solid?_pos=4&_fid=a7823d0d3&_ss=c

One thing I did to break in the helmet (the cheeks were real tight as most modulars are) was get a small kids size soccer ball from the discount store ($5) and deflate it, put it in the helmet, then inflate GENTLY to a mild pressure with the face closed and locked. DON'T go nuts and pump it up to 20psi!  After a few cycles of this and cramming my head in it a few times as well, it did help, but the biggest difference was after actual wearing and use.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Graybeard
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Helmets
Reply #16 - 05/31/24 at 18:26:49

Shoes the same size, different manufacturers, fit different.
The one I bought fits great. The reason I ditched HJC is because it jammed,and it took a while to get eoff.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 07:09:24

General CategoryThe Cafe › Helmets

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.