Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Sixity Ceramic Brake Pads (Read 172 times)
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Sixity Ceramic Brake Pads
05/15/24 at 16:24:14

Has anyone heard of these or tried them?  I’m wanting to try some ceramic front brake pads.  

https://www.sixity.com/front-ceramic-brake-pads-2011-2015-suzuki-s40-boulevar...

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Sixity Ceramic Brake Pads
Reply #1 - 05/15/24 at 17:37:32

ceramic pads used in the past did not reviewed well.

WWW   IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #2 - 05/15/24 at 18:01:52

Well crap.  Why?

These stock organic pads are squeaky as hell at the end of stopping and they only work “ok”.

The Niche semi-metallic pads I’ve tried in the past have great initial bite (call ‘em the “anti-antilock” brakes), but not very progressive feeling and probably kill rotors.

EBC are crap.  Don’t get me started on them.  Pads fall off plates.

These Sixity $15 ceramic pads are probably a crap shoot, but heck only $15.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 05/15/24 at 21:33:27

My favorite pads are the black ones, they used to call them derin but that's a trade name so they just call them organic.

Caltric makes a decent pair.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 05/16/24 at 02:13:27

ThumperPaul wrote on 05/15/24 at 18:01:52:
These stock organic pads are squeaky as hell at the end of stopping and they only work “ok”.

EBC are crap.  Don’t get me started on them.  Pads fall off plates.

The stock pads are noisy.

Ceramic pads seem to be too hard of a compound and just don't grab the Savage disc well enough.

EBC organic pads work great on the Savage.....they are not junk and I have been using them for years.  I have also been recommending them as replacement pads for the last dozen or so years.  Yyou should stop bashing them because 1 set of pads parked outside in New York got rusty and the pads came loose. (The pads that fell apart were not the black colored organic pads - they were red and evidently didn't like the weather conditions they were exposed to).

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Savard 05
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ohio
Reply #5 - 05/16/24 at 03:38:53

I've had good luck with niche organic not as aggressive but no squeaking my oem started squeaking so I changed to the organic niche and no more squeaking I've had em on about 2000 miles now and if they don't last long only 7.95 a set!!!

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #6 - 05/16/24 at 05:07:29

[/quote]

The stock pads are noisy.

Ceramic pads seem to be too hard of a compound and just don't grab the Savage disc well enough.

EBC organic pads work great on the Savage.....they are not junk and I have been using them for years.  I have also been recommending them as replacement pads for the last dozen or so years.  Yyou should stop bashing them because 1 set of pads parked outside in New York got rusty and the pads came loose. (The pads that fell apart were not the black colored organic pads - they were red and evidently didn't like the weather conditions they were exposed to).

[/quote]

I’ll stop bashing the EBC pads that came on Woody.  Woody lived in Texas and didn’t show any real other signs of being overly exposed to the elements for an extended time period.  Sorry, but pads shouldn’t separate from their plates.  Rant over.

I’ll give Verslagen’s choice a shot - Caltric organic or Niche organic and forget about these Sixity ceramic pads.  Good to hear Savard05 likes the Niche products too.  I’ve had nothing but good experiences with Niche products.  They do source from China, but they seem to have partnered up with good/better manufacturers/suppliers.

Interesting the Savage doesn’t work well with ceramic pads.  Glad I asked before buying them.  Thanks guys!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #7 - 05/16/24 at 10:16:08

I'm with Versy, I use the Caltric organic on my S40. Which reminds me, I need to order a new set. Cool

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #8 - 05/16/24 at 14:37:30

I have to admit that I also thought of ordering the Sixity ceramic pads at one time. But I did not. They do also have the organic pads for the S40. They may be worth a try. Huh

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #9 - 05/16/24 at 14:55:27

Hey Springman!  We need to catch up and ride the back 40 near you and me!  I ordered the Niche organic pads for $10.  I'm going to give those a try.  I've had good luck with Niche.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #10 - 05/16/24 at 20:52:21

I've got a brake question .

mind ya its dealing with the 350 Enfield , but here it is:

Pertaining to the FRONT BRAKE
So
When first applied all is well and smooth
As the Brake heats up , it begins a little grab/release/grab/release repeat , even under only moderate pressure.   Like on a long down-hill with a Stop Sign at the bottom.   By time I'm getting to the bottom and the Stop Sign its full blown-herkey jerkey stuff , like the roter is warped , but after it cools it's just fine again.  
I don't know much about anti-lock or brake fluid temperature reactions , so I just live with it ... know what to expect  Roll Eyes.

What I've tried :   I replaced the front tire thinking it had a busted cord .
                          I replaced the rotor thinking it was warped .
                          It still does the same thing ... heat = pulsing stopping. At one point I chucked it up on the lath and rubbed it with an Angle Grinder to catch any high spots - there didn't seem to be any ?

Any insight into what may be going on ?  Maybe its got too many holes in it  ?
Or ... Maybe ... I should experiment with some different kind of pads ?

Here's a picture of the old Roter , I cleaned it up and checked for warpage on a Granit counter top , then replaced it anyway (RE parts are cheep).
11.75"

resized_001.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #11 - 05/16/24 at 22:37:59

my guess it's the ABS, if there's a way to deactivate it, that would be my 1st thing to try.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #12 - 05/17/24 at 05:44:45

That is one ugly looking rotor......why all the weird marks on the backside of the vent holes?  Those are not normal.

If it was me - I would try a different set of pads.  Something nice and soft like Organic pads......no ceramic stuff.  Maybe also try an aftermarket rotor.

Are your Royal Enfield forum buddies having this same issue - or are you the only one?

If you could find a floating brake disc for the Super Meteor.....that would likely solve the issue.
https://www.partzilla.com/catalog-product/collection/937C401D5815EF978BA32CE9...

« Last Edit: 05/18/24 at 07:50:39 by Dave »  

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #13 - 05/18/24 at 03:34:30

Or here is an aftermarket rotor from the UK.  These folks are RE experts....maybe you should contact them and see what they have to say.

https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/accessory-shop/EBC-Disc/49545

« Last Edit: 05/18/24 at 07:51:16 by Dave »  

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #14 - 05/18/24 at 05:24:08

I think it’s the pads, MM.  The stock pads are made of organic crushed Himalayan rock.  Cool Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 03:43:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Sixity Ceramic Brake Pads

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.