thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
stew ped insurance
05/04/24 at 07:59:36

a police sergeant. "accidentally" discharged his weapon while dealing with campus protesters

why was there a round in the chamber?
why was the safety off?
why was his weapon drawn?

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Re: stew ped insurance
Reply #1 - 05/04/24 at 08:37:57

He must have perceived a need to be ready and then his finger accidentally squeezed the trigger.  This occasionally happens to me at the shooting range.

What is “stew ped insurance”?  Is that like pet insurance for Stewie?  What’s Stewie’s dog’s name in Family Guy?

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 05/04/24 at 09:11:02

not buying it Paul, gun should of been in its holster
if YOU can't handle a gun safely leave it alone

stew ped = stupid

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 05/05/24 at 05:44:12

I agree, his gun should have been holstered. But….should have had his club out beating the $hit out of these pro-rape, let’s burn the Jews again “protesters”.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 05/05/24 at 07:35:30

I think there are a few radicals, but mostly students ignorant of history
Not deserving of physical violence
Young people with excess energy and idealistic views

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 05/05/24 at 08:24:11

Jan 6 protestors: I think there are a few radicals, but mostly middle age, working class people well versed in history.
Not deserving of physical violence, but Ashley Babbit nonetheless was shot down and the gun happy shooter was adjudicated in secret.
Ordinary people with excess energy and idealistic views of a government that doesn’t forget them.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 05/05/24 at 18:26:43

why was the safety off?

There should be a round in the chamber.  under no circumstance should a weapon that could be needed in an emergency event, need to be cycled in order to be fired.

The safety should be off if the situation warrants the discharge of a weapon.  There is no situation where a weapon pulled in the line of duty should have the safety on.  

As for why it was drawn, who knows.  If the Officer's perception is one where lethal force could be applied, legally, then they should pull their chambered weapon and take the safety off immediately.  

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 05/05/24 at 18:31:04

Not deserving of physical violence, but Ashley Babbit nonetheless was shot down and the gun happy shooter was adjudicated in secret.

I believe the humans striking others with weapons, spraying them with bear spray etc. were deserving of enough violence to stop their behavior.  Claiming they are not armed is not how we should respond to that.

Babbit acted in a way that prohibited her from staying alive.  When a room full of men with guns pointing at you state you can not enter a room, and you enter a room through the window, there should be a reasonable belief you will be killed by those men aiming guns at you.

Especially when your actions can be supported and replicated by an unknown number of humans behind you in a very short period of time.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 05/06/24 at 05:15:15

“When a room full of men with guns pointing at you state you can not enter a room, and you enter a room through the window, there should be a reasonable belief you will be killed by those men aiming guns at you.”

She put herself in that position and is ultimately the one who created the circumstances that lead to her death. But there was not a room full of men pointing guns. The video I recall is as she was coming through the windows, the killer raised a gun from the side and fired. I don’t believe she ever saw him.

My bigger point is the idea than Jan 6 was an insurrection was always a lie and especially so when you consider other political protests that that were far more violent where the perpetrators faced no legal consequences.The DOJ was weaponized by a political party who had the full backing of 95% of the media and entertainment culture and dozens if not hundreds of innocent protesters who walked through the Capitol still suffer today while those who actually participated in killing people during the George Floyd and antifa riots are actually celebrated by mainstream media.

For example, in one of these ridiculous, pro-Hamas rape parties, video caught young men, protecting an American flag, and calling this one woman confronting them fat and ugly and in another case, one of the guys was apparently acting like a monkey in front of this black woman. Sure that’s terrible and he will face the consequences as he was publicly identified. However, I’ve seen several videos of protesters, pretending to be burning as they stood in front of Jews. Now you tell me why one guy is going to get crucified and the ones pretending to be burning will all remain completely anonymous, and the media is basically complicit in their demonstrations of Jews burning during the holocaust as a perfectly valid form of protest?

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #9 - 05/06/24 at 05:41:02

Eegore wrote on 05/05/24 at 18:26:43:
why was the safety off?

There should be a round in the chamber.  under no circumstance should a weapon that could be needed in an emergency event, need to be cycled in order to be fired.

The safety should be off if the situation warrants the discharge of a weapon.  There is no situation where a weapon pulled in the line of duty should have the safety on.  

As for why it was drawn, who knows.  If the Officer's perception is one where lethal force could be applied, legally, then they should pull their chambered weapon and take the safety off immediately.  

Exactly my thoughts.  Those questions almost seemed rhetorical to me but I don’t know Thumperclone well enough to be sure.  I think what’s cynically being questioned here is “accidentally”.  With all that weapon readiness, how could it possibly be an accident?

Yes, young people are often high energy.  And high energy is often associated with aggressive and threatening behavior.  Add the fact they are protesting in mass in public and you have a situation where ‘accidents’ can happen.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #10 - 05/06/24 at 06:24:51

Serowbot wrote on 05/05/24 at 07:35:30:
"I think there are a few radicals, but mostly students ignorant of history ..."

Why are students,
 (Collage Students)
Unaware of recent history ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 06:23:56

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › stew ped insurance

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.