Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How do you like them apples? (Read 57 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

How do you like them apples?
03/24/24 at 06:16:46

What’s really behind the DOJ suit against Apple? Full disclosure, I’ve never bought or paid a monthly cell phone bill my whole life. Since cell phones came out, I’ve had one provided by my employer so I have no idea how much they cost. But the article below says Apple has only 60% of the US market and my son and son-in-law refuse to use anything but phones with Android OS and apparently many are like that.

So what’s the deal?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/beltway-confidential/2934028/biden...

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: How do you like them apples?
Reply #1 - 03/24/24 at 08:30:07

It's a valid thing to look into, but you have to look at the words in the lawsuit and apply them to the devices, services and components in the lawsuit and not who you like as POTUS.

For instance the article you reference is correct in regard to market share, but also dilutes the "green bubble" into just a chat box color when it is actually about limiting features.  The "and incorporates limited functionality." part they didn't expand on.

There's a lot in there for sure, and it's an interesting approach given it takes many facets of Apple's business model and attempts to create an overall image of monopolization.  I actually welcome that idea instead of just letting any company with 89.9999% or less market share immediately off the hook.

But then again, when you provide superior service, you should be free to capitalize on that.  I imagine this lawsuit will drag on for years, and while it's not a textbook consumer protection action, there are areas where application of the law needs updated.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 03/25/24 at 03:25:04

I don’t recall saying anything about who the president was, I just said, why did the DOJ pursue this case against Apple. Other than being briefed on what was going on, there’s no way Joe Biden was intimately involved in this.

But because it seems so odd, it’s certainly worth asking the question if there’s something more going on behind the scenes.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 03/25/24 at 08:19:48

I don’t recall saying anything about who the president was, I just said, why did the DOJ pursue this case against Apple.

I was directing my comment more towards the substance of your reference where it's complaining about Biden/Biden Admin.  

But because it seems so odd, it’s certainly worth asking the question if there’s something more going on behind the scenes.

I'm not sure I'd classify this as "odd" as it is similar to other cases, like ones against Google or Microsoft.  I'd say the evidence structure is more "updated" for modern economic circumstances instead of just using a single hard number from the 1930's.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 03/25/24 at 09:55:59

The main statistic in the article is Google has 60% of the market. And if true how does that qualify as a monopoly?

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #5 - 03/25/24 at 10:28:42

WebsterMark wrote on 03/25/24 at 03:25:04:
I don’t recall saying anything about who the president was, I just said, why did the DOJ pursue this case against Apple. Other than being briefed on what was going on, there’s no way Joe Biden was intimately involved in this.

My guess as to why is that the DOJ got "woke" by the Epic case and decided to throw a bigger net over Apple and everything they do.  I personally don't think the case has real anti-trust merit, but they'll find something to make stick so it's not a complete waste of time and tarnished reputation.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #6 - 03/25/24 at 12:03:50

"...“This lawsuit wasn’t spurred by consumer or voter complaints,”
Chamber of Progress CEO Adam Kovacevich writes.
“Instead, companies like Tile, Beeper, Spotify, Match Group
(a former client of DOJ Antitrust Chief Jonathan Kanter),
banks, and payment apps
have all spent months pushing
the DOJ to bring this lawsuit.
They would be the largest beneficiaries of the lawsuit.”..."

Absolutely in NO stench of the imagination is this a monopoly.
       That is just straight-up false.

Wonder if the DOJ
just did what they wanted,
  just because !

Or if Biden TOLD them to do it.
Like he TOLD the SS,
to STEAL the Proof
of his son LYING on the 4473.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 03/26/24 at 03:31:02

ThumperPaul wrote on 03/25/24 at 10:28:42:
WebsterMark wrote on 03/25/24 at 03:25:04:

My guess as to why is that the DOJ got "woke" by the Epic case and decided to throw a bigger net over Apple and everything they do.  I personally don't think the case has real anti-trust merit, but they'll find something to make stick so it's not a complete waste of time and tarnished reputation.

“We’ve got to protect our phoney, baloney jobs!”

When I was in sales, every time, a customer came in with a lconsultant, it was never good for the customer. The consultant has to justify his pay so he’s always going to object to something even if the deal is 100% perfect for the customer. Maybe that’s what’s going on here. They’ve got lawyers sitting around looking for something to do…..so they got to do something.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 03/26/24 at 03:32:41

Or if Biden TOLD them to do it. Like he TOLD the SS,to STEAL the Proof
of his son LYING on the 4473.

I don’t think Joe Biden has the mental capability to understand any discussions on this topic.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 14:19:29

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › How do you like them apples?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.