Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Savage parts - No Longer Available?????? (Read 56 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Savage parts - No Longer Available??????
03/13/24 at 09:35:07

I ordered a few Savage parts on Sunday evening from Rocky Mountain ATV.

The first shipment of parts came in the mail Tuesday morning - it was the parts they had in stock.  I also ordered a couple of bolts for the head cover that hold the exhaust rocker shaft into the head, SUZUKI emblems and screws for the 1972 GT550 fuel tank - I see no problem with them not stocking parts for a 50+ year old Suzuki!  It is pretty amazing that the parts they had in stock showed up in 36 hours!

However - a lady called me Tuesday afternoon from Rocky Mountain ATV and told me the 2 screws that I ordered for the rocker shaft were no longer available from Suzuki!  While that is not really any big deal and I can use screws from the hardware store - I believe it is a wake up call that parts availability for the Savage is likely starting to fade away.

It might be time for you to stock up on parts you think you may be needing.  I don't see a problem with parts that are available aftermarket - like clutch plates, air and oil filters, spark plugs, brake shoes and pads, engine valves (Vesrah) and most bearings and seals.  It may become a problem for any parts that come from Suzuki like cam chains, cam chain guides, rocker arms and similar items.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Re: Savage parts - No Longer Available??????
Reply #1 - 03/13/24 at 11:35:39

And the used parts market on eBay is highway robbery!!

IP Logged
Surviving Philly

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 03/13/24 at 14:43:08

Do you think she may have been mistaken? I know that sometimes, partzilla will have parts out of stock for lets say a 2013 but have them in stock for the 2019 (and cheaper) despite the parts being exactly the same in most cases.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 03/13/24 at 15:55:03

The part number I ordered for the bolt is: 02162-0630B
I looked at the parts list and it is the same part number for all engines with a black head color....the part number for the silver engines is: 02162-0630A

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Surviving Philly

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 03/13/24 at 21:27:35

https://www.partzilla.com/product/suzuki/02162-0630A

The silver one is available from partzilla and RevZilla, among others. I believe in actuality both of these retailers get their supply from the same distribution center ultimately, unless I'm mistaken.

Because the silver one is from the older models and is available as opposed to the black ones, which I believe are only the later models and no longer available at these retailers or others, I would conclude that she is unfortunately correct, and that the silver ones in stock are leftover supply from yesteryears.

The 2019 savage is the last bike either of these bolts were made for. Was also used In the burgman and gz250, interestingly.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #5 - 03/14/24 at 10:10:24

When it comes to hardware , if it’s a slow seller and it’s clearly a standard nut , bolt or washer. It will be removed and then next to part number it will say deleted - source locally. And that means go to hardware store ! The last Savage’s harvest was a complete running engine and all the components and harness. Don’t bypass free or cheap Savages cause in time the rarity and prices go up. My BSA project is not cheap ! But then again none of my builds are cheap !  Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/01/24 at 16:40:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savage parts - No Longer Available??????

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.