Hitch Mount (Read 64 times)
DaveFromCanada
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Hitch Mount
01/30/24 at 11:43:30

Does anyone have any experience with a hitch mount like this:

https://www.vevor.ca/hitch-motorcycle-carriers-c_12250/vevor-motorcycle-carri...

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Hitch Mount
Reply #1 - 01/30/24 at 12:42:08

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 01/30/24 at 15:45:15

One other thing to consider - is that the load rating of the hitch receiver needs to be reduced when the load is moved away from what the normal location of a trailer ball would be.  This is a result of the load creating a greater "bending moment" from the extended leverage.

I found this discussion from "CURT" about the use of their hitch extensions:

As a general rule, the use of extenders (and hitch adapters) can reduce the tongue weight capacity / vertical load capacity of your vehicle’s receiver hitch. Extenders under 12” long reduce load capacity by 25%, and extenders over 12” reduce load capacity by 50%.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 01/30/24 at 18:38:53

Yep. It works fine.

IP Logged
miatamarty
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 01/30/24 at 21:37:06

I bought a hitch mount from Harbor Freight. I like having a wheel chock and a smooth platform for the wheels to rest on. Makes it easier and smoother to load. Brought my Savage Bobber home on it from the seller. It as real solid even driving over the Cascade Mountains. The bumper/receiver on my Land Cruiser is insanely over built. Brought home my Buell XB9 with no problems or anxiety. It weighs about 420lbs. My problem is that my Cruiser is lifted and has 33in tires. That makes the loading ramp rather steep requiring 2 people to push the bikes up on to the rack. That's why I'm going to look and probably buy a dedicated trailer for motorcycles.  Embarrassed

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 01/31/24 at 17:03:43

miatamarty wrote on 01/30/24 at 21:37:06:
I bought a hitch mount from Harbor Freight. I like having a wheel chock and a smooth platform for the wheels to rest on. Makes it easier and smoother to load...
--------------------------------

I agree with you on the smooth platform and ramp.  That would make loading and unloading the bike much easier.  My carrier is rock solid but loading and unloading sucks..slightly lighter would be nice too, but not at the expense of strength.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 11:27:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hitch Mount

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.