Loan Forgiveness (Read 136 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Loan Forgiveness
Reply #15 - 12/17/23 at 08:16:43

zevenenergie wrote on 12/17/23 at 06:45:01:
There is an advantage to free education.

Graduates do not have to leave anything in return and will therefore be less likely to work for companies that only have money as their goal and be prepared to pay a lot and steal our most intelligent people in that way.

This brings a lot of talent to places that serve society and science.
It is a sustainable way to invest in society as a whole.

We have free education.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 12/17/23 at 08:28:30

MnSpring wrote on 12/17/23 at 06:27:56:
WebsterMark wrote on 12/17/23 at 05:54:18:
"... How about paying off all car loans for people earning under 50k a year? That would free up income for those who need it more than these students, ..."

AWESOME Idea !!!!!!!

Right up the alley of the 'WOKE'.

Alas, it will never happen because:
"...  (they), wouldn’t vote as demanded ..."

How about we cancel healthcare debt? That would certainly alleviate an awful lot of financial burden. And it’s more “just” since cancer and other diseases can strike anyone.

But, there’s a problem.  It wouldn’t really fit the model for buying votes since the age and political IQ of the recipients cannot be guaranteed.

Can’t do home loans since homeowners are usually older and more stable so more likely to not vote predictably for Democrats.

Help me out leftist. What debt is predominantly incurred by a group of people easily brainwashed into voting a certain liberal pattern after being bought off?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #17 - 12/17/23 at 10:12:37

WebsterMark wrote on 12/17/23 at 08:16:43:
We have free education.

A Yep !
 Ask ANY, South Border town,
How many Mexico Citizens,
Get a FREE US Education,
from kindergarten to 12th grade,
without paying,
One cent !

And if the US school is several miles away,
they get FREE Transportation !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #18 - 12/17/23 at 10:22:29

WebsterMark wrote on 12/17/23 at 08:28:30:
"...Help me out leftist. What debt is predominantly incurred by a group of people easily brainwashed into voting a certain liberal pattern after being bought off?"

One is FREE, Birth control, by the way of:

"...taxpayers paying the full cost of 250,000 abortions a year, with about 70,000 financed by federal taxpayers  and 180,000 financed by state taxpayers..."

Most of them,
will vote for more, WOKE, people !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 12/17/23 at 13:49:44

The point of this topic is its ridiculousness.

My point of this thread is people keep mixing pre-arranged loan forgiveness and were screwed over by the US Government, with people who had no such agreement.

The only reason to intentionally mix the two (or refuse to Observe it) is to b!tch about the POTUS and hope nobody bothers to see if its even true.

Agreed upon loan forgiveness where people PAID their share is not the same as loan forgiveness without an agreement.  Instead of acknowledging that, some people deflect and spin and try to make it sound like this is some new thing and "it used to be" that people PAID their loans off.  

That's wrong. But if we acknowledge that we can't say Biden defied the Supreme Court.  

« Last Edit: 12/18/23 at 05:50:41 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 12/17/23 at 13:55:29

Can you give us a dissertation about which Bankruptcy one should file, when seeking, relief/non payment, from a debt.

I can but I'm not going to.

And how that debt differs from a student loan, which was not fulfilled, yet forgiven ?

I find it hard to believe you do not understand the difference between a pre-arranged loan where the human PAID for 20 years, on time, then the US government refused to acknowledge it, and humans that had no such agreement decades later.

The Supreme Court ruled on new loans with no loan forgiveness agreement.  The Supreme Court did not rule on older loans that DID have an agreement.

No amount of pretending those two groups of humans are the same and claiming "it used to be" will change that.  These are two totally different groups of humans.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 12/18/23 at 05:28:15

Eegore wrote on 12/17/23 at 13:49:44:
The point of this topic is its ridiculousness.

My point of this thread is people keep mixing pre-arranged loan forgiveness and were screwed over by the US Government, with people who had no such agreement.

The only reason to intentionally mix the two (or refuse to Observe it) is to pregnant dog about the POTUS and hope nobody bothers to see if its even true.

Agreed upon loan forgiveness where people PAID their share is not the same as loan forgiveness without an agreement.  Instead of acknowledging that, some people deflect and spin and try to make it sound like this is some new thing and "it used to be" that people PAID their loans off.  

That's wrong. But if we acknowledge that we can't say Biden defied the Supreme Court.  

The very idea elected representatives are even considering “canceling” student debt as a vote buying means is ridiculous. I would saying even more ridiculous than going to prisons seeking votes from felons is even more so, but the governor from Michigan (a Democrat no surprise there) is working on that.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 12/18/23 at 05:49:32

The very idea elected representatives are even considering “canceling” student debt as a vote buying means is ridiculous. I would saying even more ridiculous than going to prisons seeking votes from felons is even more so, but the governor from Michigan (a Democrat no surprise there) is working on that.

I agree.

The humans referenced in this thread had an agreement with the government that if they PAID for 25 years they would have the remaining amount forgiven.  

There's no reason to compare today's vote influenced nonsense to loans agreed upon 30 years ago.  Unless of course one just wants to complain about the POTUS and use lies/spin or deflection to do it.  

Referencing humans that had to pay their loans in full under totally different circumstances contributes literally nothing in regard to this topic.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #23 - 12/18/23 at 06:25:26

WebsterMark wrote on 12/17/23 at 08:28:30:
Can’t do home loans since homeowners are usually older and more stable so more likely to not vote predictably for Democrats.

Help me out leftist. What debt is predominantly incurred by a group of people easily brainwashed into voting a certain liberal pattern after being bought off?

Since most of these people have been paying for 20+ years,.. they aren't children.
They have home loans and health expenses as well.
According to you,.. their age has bought them wisdom and they should  now be  Republicans.
18+ 4 to 6 years college+20 years payment =in their mid 40's

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 12/18/23 at 08:34:53

Since most of these people have been paying for 20+ years,.. they aren't children.

I’m throwing the BS flag on that.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 12/18/23 at 08:36:02

But before we get off on a partisan tangent, can we at least all agree that college today is ridiculously too expensive especially when you consider the value?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 22:20:59

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Loan Forgiveness

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.