2024 Rides (Read 3044 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: 2024 Rides
Reply #570 - Yesterday at 18:41:58

Well , I hope that is an "Invite to come INJOY SOME KENTUCKY ROADS in 2025  ?    Smiley

Paul you and Springman can Park at my house anytime ; and we can ride up to meet Dave and Batman : if ya'll like    !

I'm 830 miles from Springmans , just about a day's ride on the Super-Slab  or two days on the Natchez Trace Parkway but they have free running water campgrounds at each ends and one in the middle !   Wink

Lancer you know your always welcome too , if we were keeping score then you would owe me a visit !   Wink Wink

Hay Dave , Kent may be wanting to join us for a ride in 2025 ?  Especially if it not too far from home for him !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #571 - Today at 04:32:08

We will certainly be taking trips down here in 2025.  With the mountains being somewhat smaller and in a different part of the US - maybe the summer months won't have the daily pop up rain storms that occur in the Smoky Mountains and Blue Ridge Mountains.

One downside of riding in this area is the lack of food.  Each morning we had to ride for an hour or more before we could find a place to get breakfast - and every morning we ate food from a gas station.  The towns are not big enough to support a place to get breakfast - Elkhorn City that is closest to the motel has a Mexican restaurant and a Pizza/Sub shop.  We had our Saturday night dinner at a BBQ truck in a town called Haysi where they were having a local festival and cornhole tournament - our Sunday night dinner was in Elkhorn City at the Mexican restaurant.  Afternoons feasts were just snacks....however we did get a piece of pizza at the Back of the Dragon store in Tazewell on Saturday afternoon.  In the future we will likely stock up on breakfast meals that can be cooked in the motel microwave - or cereal and donuts!

In Virginia on the way to ride the "Widowmaker" we cam across some of the most rugged pasture and I have ever seen!

IMG_3988.JPG

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #572 - Today at 04:37:16

On the road leading to the Widow maker, we encountered a bit of a delay.  A small group of cattle were headed up the road in our direction, and we stopped our motorcycles and sat on the road.  The cows stopped and did not continue when the got to us - a fellow on a horse road past us in the field next to us and got behind us and drove the cattle back down the road.  We waited until they got them off the road before we continued.

I learned something about cows.....evidently when they get nervous they can't control their bladder and bowels - and they just start cleaning out everything they were holding onto!  The road was a real minefield and it took some fancy maneuvering to avoid the really large piles - it was however impossible to avoid everything and we did get a bit of poo on our bikes!

IMG_3989.JPG

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #573 - Today at 05:34:07

Dave, you literally scared the crap out of the cattle!  You’ve found some nice scenic riding areas!

MM - The Sturgis area would be great if it wasn’t 1300+ miles away!  That’s a cool little cabin you shared.  Thanks for the invite.  Even 800 miles to your place is pretty long.  I’d have to get a trailer because I’m not loading up like a pack mule and riding 800 miles down the expressway.  That just ain’t my thing.

Weather is turning ideal here right now.  Kinda like April was in the Hill Country. Lows in the mid 60s and highs in the mid 80s.  I’m getting as much saddle time as I can!

I’m going to keep following this post.  Y’all come up with some great ideas and cool photos and stories of past adventures!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 07:17:50

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2024 Rides

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.