2024 Rides (Read 3002 times)
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Re: 2024 Rides
Reply #270 - 02/28/24 at 10:35:13

Ha!  My bike will be in tip top shape....  As for my old bones, I'm not so sure!  

I'm good with whatever communication medium y'all agree on.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #271 - 02/28/24 at 14:19:11

You may want to be more concerned with the possibility of over eating on this journey. I try to take it easy but there will always be one or two places where you say the heck with it, let's chow down!!!  

I've gone to eating like somebody my age , best I can (every place don't have a Kids Menu ! )    
But , most places usually have a Senior Menu.
I'm still pushing 200 pounds but like staying on the low side of the 200 best I can !   Smiley
Heck ... sometime I even eat more than once a day !!  Grin

My Mom used to call it "the Battle-of-the-Bulge" , I've learned how difficult a battle it can be as the years roll up .   Wink

That "Pick nick table place" with the Outdoor grill sure made me forgot all about "Eating Light" !  
What is the name of that place out in the middle of the Desert ?  
Remember , the way to it envolves a few Cattle Crossings , then through the Creek , some more Cattle Crossing , around a few Sand Dunes , then POOF ! all of a sudden there in the middle of nowhere ... there it is !  Cool

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #272 - 02/28/24 at 14:47:47

MMRanch wrote on 02/28/24 at 14:19:11:
That "Pick nick table place" with the Outdoor grill sure made me forgot all about "Eating Light" !  
What is the name of that place out in the middle of the Desert ?  
Remember , the way to it envolves a few Cattle Crossings , then through the Creek , some more Cattle Crossing , around a few Sand Dunes , then POOF ! all of a sudden there in the middle of nowhere ... there it is !  Cool

You will need to do better than that.
What kind of food was available?  Burgers?  BBQ? Both?  Neither?  Describe menu as you remember it.
Was the outdoor grill being used to cook that food.. or was it just a fire pit for heat?
Was here any other tables inside?  Was there an inside???
ARE THERE PICTURES FROM THAT PLACE?
(Sand Dunes????  Desert?????)

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #273 - 02/28/24 at 14:54:10

LOL!  All of Texas is a Desert, Youzguyz!  LOL.  Maybe he's thinking about dessert?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #274 - 02/28/24 at 15:33:46

springman wrote on 02/28/24 at 09:31:31:
Dave, weren't you the one that previously did not want to use this app as you did not want any proof of the speeds at which you traveled? Grin Grin Grin

I didn't want my wife to see what goes on in TN/NC - but on this ride she will be on the back seat! Wink

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #275 - 02/28/24 at 15:33:56

NO Dessert  please ...

The dinning room was filled with pick nick tables.    So the outdoor line leads to a grill where you pick you meat  (cooking on the grill) , then ya go in and pick your vegies , run by the cash register and find a place at a table to enjoy !  
It was a very relaxed place inside city limits.    We stopped there for lunch one day.
A full week of eating there would have anybody loosening their belt a hole or two !   Grin
YouzGuyz , Maybe its best if you only remember where it is one of the days of April ! ??  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #276 - 02/28/24 at 15:43:10

MMRanch wrote on 02/28/24 at 15:33:56:
NO Dessert  please ...

The dinning room was filled with pick nick tables.    So the outdoor line leads to a grill where you pick you meat  (cooking on the grill) , then ya go in and pick your vegies , run by the cash register and find a place at a table to enjoy !  
It was a very relaxed place inside city limits.    We stopped there for lunch one day.
A full week of eating there would have anybody loosening their belt a hole or two !   Grin
YouzGuyz , Maybe its best if you only remember where it is one of the days of April ! ??  Smiley

OK.  That was probably Cooper's BBQ in Llano. Possibly in 2022... I can't locate pictures and too tired to dig.   I'll see if I can work that place (or similiar) into one of the rides.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #277 - 02/28/24 at 16:00:51

I didn't want my wife to see what goes on in TN/NC - but on this ride she will be on the back seat!  

Carrying this thought  one step further leaves me feeling sorry for those folks how never get to run through the Dragon at least once !

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #278 - 02/28/24 at 16:37:40

Running through the Dragon is lot of fun - and there are so many other roads that are just as much fun.  You need to go down and ride with Stewmills and I again - we have found a lot of really good roads that you likely have not been on yet.

For those who have not ridden with us yet, we ride at or below the posted speed limits most of the time.  And on those occasions when we don't it is because there might be a 35mph limit on a really fun twisty road that needs to be ridden a bit faster!  We are not prone to speeding down straight sections or through town!

The only time I would not want a record of my "top" speed is on those instance when we need to pass slow cars or riders.  If I am riding in the second or third position - I often have quite a bit of speed built up by the time I make the pass and can pull back over and slow down. That is when having a bit of excess HP is nice. Roll Eyes  

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #279 - 02/28/24 at 18:22:56

Grin

Tell the rest of it Dave ...

Grin Grin Grin

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #280 - 02/28/24 at 18:42:59

I'll share a story  and we'll see who can guess what Dave's not telling , some of ya'll already know this ...

So Me and Dave are out on one of the twisty back-roads in Western NC ... flying along at the "Speed Limit" when we come up behind a regular cab old Ford Ranger.  I remember it being dark green and it must have been one of the 3.0-V6 models ?  
Well !  The young feller driving it - speeds up to about as fast as he can go and still stay on the road ... and the run is on.  
We went flying along behind him rather than zipping past him and the young feller sort-of became one of us ... in sprit anyway.
This went on for about a 10 mile stretch - maybe a little more - twisting and sling the machinery through the mountains just having a blast ! .

Finally at the top of one of the ridges - the road forked and the young feller pulled off and waved a "Nice Ridding With You Fellers" !   Smiley Smiley Smiley

Made me feel all right with the world ... ya might say !  Smiley

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #281 - 02/29/24 at 03:07:27

MMRanch wrote on 02/28/24 at 18:42:59:
I'll share a story  and we'll see who can guess what Dave's not telling , some of ya'll already know this ...

The fellow in the truck was working like crazy to drive at that pace.....MM and I were riding at about 80%.  It was the section of NC 28 north of Highland and it is one of my favorite roads and every bit as curvy as the Dragon.

And the next morning MM spent quite a bit of time cutting fishing line that had wound around his front and rear axles!  Evidently the fishing rods in the back of the truck were playing out line as we followed him!  MM was nice enough to gather up all the fishing line on his bike so that I didn't get any....Thanks Bud!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #282 - 02/29/24 at 03:22:38

Deals Gap at the Tail of the Dragon opens up tomorrow, March 1st.

Last year Stewmills and I went to a Fiddies for Life race at Deals Gap, and it was a lot of fun watching these fellows race around the parking lot.  The competition was really intense!

We should go to one of these events this summer - after the Texas trip.

https://www.dealsgap.com/events

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #283 - 02/29/24 at 07:47:55

Nobody's guessing so I'll tell it .    

THE DEFAULT SPEED LIMIT IN NC. IS 55 MPH.    Most of the roads are 30mph roads ... That makes for a "FUN" combination  !  Smiley Smiley

Somewhere in my mind I had depressed the memory of "Digging out fishing line" , as in "hiding the pain"  Roll Eyes
It just kept on coming out from under the axle seal .... forever !   Angry Angry Angry .
That's ruff when ya don't have a center stand or a jack !    Un-winding every round by hand (round after round-greasy line) for a reel full of 8 pound mono line !

The DRAGON Calendar showed a Two Cycle Rally on the 5th of May .    I wondered back to memories of a RD250 I had years ago ... That bike was quicker than my buddy's Honda 750K ... well up to 75mph anyway.   Blue smoke trails everywhere ya look ... They could actually make the Blue-Ridge ... BLUE ... !  

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #284 - 02/29/24 at 08:23:25

That is a good story about you and Dave, MM. I'm with Dave on the HP issue though which is where the grunt on the Honda makes up for my lack of skill. It allows me to catch up on the straights. Grin Grin Grin

That restaurant that MM is describing is definitely Cooper's BBQ in Llano. It surely is one of my favorites also.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 38
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 09:00:12

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2024 Rides

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.