2024 Rides (Read 3002 times)
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Re: 2024 Rides
Reply #255 - 02/27/24 at 08:58:59

Agree.  From my home in Cypress, Kerrville is about 4 hours away hauling ass down I-10 assuming you fill up the truck first, pack a sandwich, and don’t have to go pee.

I have not done a long ride in a long time, nor a group ride for that matter.  The whole experience is a bit new to me.  Plus, I really don’t want to ride home solo after 2-3 days if y’all aren’t heading back that soon.  Then there is always the weather.

Sounds like I’ve decided to trailer my way there and back.  As for the group ride, I really don’t want to be a drag.  I know Dave said it would be a “sight seeing” kind of ride, but I really don’t want to be a burden with an experienced group of riders.

« Last Edit: 02/27/24 at 13:59:50 by ThumperPaul »  
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #256 - 02/27/24 at 10:25:43

I never ridin with this group , but have NO fear. Some of the best human beings on the planet. Just go and relaxe and enjoy.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #257 - 02/27/24 at 12:53:06

Totally agree about the guys!!  And if I'm not comfortable after 5-10 miles or I'm being a drag, I'll just go back to camp and go fishing!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #258 - 02/27/24 at 13:05:43

In for a penny , In for a pound , be prepared for an adventure. I don’t think turning around is on the itinerary. My big word for the day , Itinerary
Thank god for spell check  Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #259 - 02/27/24 at 13:28:14

The very first group ride, featuring the LS650, which everyone had at the time, we had a total of 4 of us.  It was myself, Toymaker (hosted at his place), Ed-L and Oldfeller, I believe, and occurred in 2004 if memory is correct.  

Anyway, we ride pretty easy and stay as a group unless a planned split is decided upon with all agreeing, but that’s rare.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #260 - 02/27/24 at 13:36:47

we are beginner friendly.
we encourage you to travel at a safe speed for you.
usually someone will ride cleanup and we'll all catchup at the next change of travel.

WWW   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #261 - 02/27/24 at 13:44:51

ThumperPaul,
I am youzguyz, AKA Thumper, AKA Neal.   Your gracious ride leader.
I do have experience in leading rides, over many rides and many years.  
I know all of the backroads in the Texas Hill Country within a day's travel of San Antonio.   I'm pretty good at putting them together into scenic and entertaining rides.
I have lead this bunch of yahoos on rides for many Savage Hill Country Adventures.
I do have rules that are designed to promote safety.
Such as:
Ride your own ride.  You will NOT be left behind.  We will not being going much faster than the posted speed limit.  (Almost a sin in Texas).
If you think we are going too slow, you are welcome to take off ahead of me, sometimes, it happens.  I won't name names, but MM Ranch are his initials.  Roll Eyes If I don't see you at the next intersection, you are on your own.
We won't be in a tight formation of any kind.  My rule for staying together is to glance in your rear view mirror for the person behind you.  If you don't see him, slow down until you do.  If you still don't see him, stop.  If you still don't see him turn around.  The person ahead of him will notice that he is now missing, and do the same.  Eventually, I will notice that nobody is behind me, and I will turn around and see what is going on.
If you decide to go fishing, please let someone know so we know you aren't on the ride anymore.
If you have questions.. please ask! Cheesy

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #262 - 02/27/24 at 13:57:51

Youzguyz are awesome!  Thanks!  Is there a hand signal for “gone fishin”?  Just kidding!  Y’all are making me feel much better about this.  Y’all’s experience is way ahead of me.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #263 - 02/27/24 at 16:56:07

Hay Paul

I first met these guys on a Tail of the Dragon Run.  
And
I couldn't keep up !     So , they would wait on me at the next Turn.
But
The Texas rides are "Really" Sight Seeing rides at the pace me and the wife putt , putt around on the 350 bike.

I've seen some Really cool places by following YouzGuyz around !    Smiley

« Last Edit: 02/27/24 at 18:39:55 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #264 - 02/27/24 at 17:39:44

It's awesome Youzguyz knows the area like the back of his hand!!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #265 - 02/28/24 at 04:04:52

ThumperPaul wrote on 02/27/24 at 13:57:51:
 Is there a hand signal for “gone fishin”?

Is it the one where you raise your clutch hand and make a fist with the middle finger extended upward? Huh

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #266 - 02/28/24 at 04:26:55

I have started tacking together routes and plans and such.

To verify:
When: Apr 13 (Sat) to April 21(Sun).
13-14 Travel days
15-19 Guided rides and/or other shenanigans
20-21 Travel days
Where:
Kerrville-Schreiner Park
(Ranch House 14-19, Cabin 20, Dave:RV site)
Who:
Lancer
Versy
MM Ranch + 1?
Dave + 1
Springman + 2?
ThumperPaul

Do we need an app for communication and/or location sharing?
We used Life360 in the past, but if others now have favorites, we can agree on something else.  Doesn't matter which to me, except should be free, and be available for Android.

Much of future communication will be via the PM system here, as personal information will need to be conveyed.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #267 - 02/28/24 at 04:45:22

Life360 works well - I believe it does shorten the battery life a bit if your phone is not plugged in.  I suspect most of us already have it on our phones from previous trips.

It would be interesting to start it on the 12th so we could see where folks are as they are traveling toward Kerrville.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #268 - 02/28/24 at 09:31:31

Dave, weren't you the one that previously did not want to use this app as you did not want any proof of the speeds at which you traveled? Grin Grin Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #269 - 02/28/24 at 09:38:29

ThumperPaul, just make sure whatever bike you take is in good shape and specially that the tires and brakes are good for adding a 1000 miles or so of riding. Other than that just ride your own ride and either you'll be waiting for us at the next turn or we'll be waiting for you. Either way is cool. You may want to be more concerned with the possibility of over eating on this journey. I try to take it easy but there will always be one or two places where you say the heck with it, let's chow down!!!

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 38
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 14:43:02

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2024 Rides

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.