Send Topic Print
H / F compressor (Read 88 times)
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
H / F compressor
10/12/23 at 22:12:53

My 40 year old air compressor had used up its last life , now blows a 20 amp breaker right after it lets out some smoke. Changed the oil & made up some new air filters from an old foam filter , seems ok now. So H/F sends me a no exclusions 25% off , cause they ain’t seen me in months. There was a 26 gal upright on sale for $400 so I tried the coupon. To my amazement it took off $100 , I about ran out the door. A big kid came out to  help me load it , even he said wow that’s heavy. How you gonna unload it he asks , I said I’m not , I’ll make the wife unload it. He laughed I reply  nothing funny about it ,

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Re: H / F compressor
Reply #1 - 10/13/23 at 09:05:02

I had my contractor, who built my shop, bring his fork lift over and unload mine.  This compressor was above my wife's pay grade!

20190818_154623.jpg

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribute
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #2 - 10/13/23 at 09:09:19

Oh boy did I ever screw myself , my old compressor was a horizontal tank and the new one is an upright. Close to a ton of weight on, in ,under the workbench it has to slide about 5” to get the compressor in and it’s on carpet. So limited options besides moving it all out and throw out half of that stuff then put what’s left back in. Option #1 saws all , trim a bit from tabletop ( I like this option, sawsall ). Option #2 floor jack to raise work bench put some of those carpet sliders for furniture , move a few motorcycles back truck just in garage use come along to slide it 5” , might pull the truck and not the work bench. Option #3 move compressor location, not a good option I wired that 20 amp outlet special for my compressor , welder & bench grinder to be all used in that area. Option #1  still looks good ! Workbench by itself is close to 250 lbs, I built it in the driveway and had 2 neighbors help me move it in , 20 yrs ago , should have put wheels on it !!!   :'(

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #3 - 10/13/23 at 09:12:09

Don’t mess with Ruttly ! Or you’ll have to answer to my wife  Angry
And the Chihuahua !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #4 - 10/13/23 at 20:00:08

I had temporarily plumbed my work bench with schedule 40 pvc 20 years ago.I guess it’s time to plumb it in steel , ya know do it right. Very surprised it lasted this long. Off to the plumbing supply. I was working on my 55 f100
Now my garage is all ripped up somewhere in all that I was clearing drains from backyard out to street and almost started cleaning gutters. It’s all gotta get done before it rains. The garage is a disaster. I gotta get busy !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #5 - 10/14/23 at 14:34:17

Copper is the way to go, Rutt.  The moisture in compressed air will rust the interior of steel lines.

20190831_163115.jpg

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribute
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #6 - 10/14/23 at 22:37:36

Too late , it only covers from compressor at the end of the work bench to the other end of a 8’ work bench where it hooks up to the hose next to garage door and another outlet up on the bench top. But you just gave me the idea to coat the inside with a sealer before final install. Took a day to rest I’ll be back at it tomorrow early. The garage is gonna get worse before it gets better , way worse. But I get to throw some crap out too , maybe find some cool stuff.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #7 - 10/28/23 at 19:17:05

The H/F compressor works good ! Workbench all plumbed , hung a new blind to diffuse the sunlight the pours thru 3 windows at the workbench. And put in a flat screen tv with a nice wall mount and a small stereo. I have a guitar to finish assembly for my painters son. I want to hand him my tank and tail section , talk about the paint work for a bit and then hand him his sons guitar back. Motivational , if his son is thrilled with my work his father will be more apt to surprise me back in return. Both pieces will be painted differently, 2 different bike. Both will be era correct , just not stock.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 10/29/23 at 06:54:16

Ruttly's got the big boy toys.  Shocked

My compressor is a 50 year old hand-me-down from Monkey Wards.
Not that jack hammer roar,... just a slow "puka... puka... puka"
Makes me laugh every time I turn it on... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #9 - 10/30/23 at 07:12:29

Same thing I was dealing with but mine had a constant hiss while on , it was a nasty mess , I was the third owner , it now has a new owner. I put it on the curb with a free sign on it , less than 2 hours it was gone.    Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 14:40:45

General CategoryThe Cafe › H / F compressor

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.